Should we be worried that Vince can't throw deep?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ezeblazin, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Every time Vince has attempted to throw a long ball it has ended up nowhere near the receiver. I first noticed this during the pre-season when he had Bennet all alone, and missed.

In about every game he has tried deep balls, and I can't even remember a receiver getting their hands on one.

Should we be worried about this, or is it a common rookie problem? How was he in college??

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

What are you talking about? He's had several long balls dropped. The one against New Orleans during the pre-season, where Roydell dropped a perfect 60-yard bomb. There was one to Wade against Indy, that Wade let drop through his hands and was well over 40 or 50 yards, wasn't it? I'm not saying he's got a Manning long ball, but he does have an arm - even though it isn't accurate all the time.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Throwing deep takes incredible timing. It will come the more he plays with the same receivers. He will learn where receivers want the ball and where to put it. He is a rookie, and it takes a while to develop chemistry. He has already learned how to throw several passes to Drew, with his patented cut back under the defender routine. Patience.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i don't agree...Vince has missed some long balls...and his WR's have dropped some perfectly thrown long balls...

As of right now, I do not see that Vince has a problem throwing the ball long...

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

No, but I am concerned about him finessing the mid-range passes from the pocket. That's what'll make or break him.....not the long ball.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we should be more concerned that his wrs(drew bennett) dont try to catch the deep ball.

8. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Okay, I can agree with some of you guys, but you can't deny his struggling with deep balls.
    Heres the ones I can think of at the top of my head, I know theres more.
    -Drew bennet all alone in the pre-season
    -His interception in the first game, severely overthrown
    -His near interception in Indy, severely underthrown
    -open Bo Scaife in DC, overthrew a would be TD

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This thread is garbage. No offense ezeblazin, I just don't follow.

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

As it is right now, Young can throw a better deep ball than Mac ever could. What I am more concerned about is his < than 50% completion percentage. I hope it comes up soon. He think he needs to be > 57%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar