Should Titans pursue Jeremy Maclin?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I would take Maclin in a heartbeat. Good talent, great attitude, and IMO would be a great fit with Mariota.

Not convinced that Reid lets him go though. Reid brought him from Philly to KC...after his second ACL. That indicates an attachment to me...

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Would be an awesome pick up. I like him more than Jeffrey. I don't trust his durability combined with questions about his motivation and work ethic. I wouldn't be mad if we got either but I would be very skeptical of Alshon. He is a very good blocker however and would be nasty in the red zone with Marcus assuming he stays off the injury report.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Wrong

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre thinking of Percy Harvin I believe.

Maclin had groin issues last year.

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Maclin is not Percy Harvin.

Injury issues aside, Maclin is a legit weapon in the down field passing game and is extremely good at finding space in zones. He's deceptively smooth in his route running and is much faster than he looks in and out of his breaks. Harvin was never as good of a route runner, or down field receiver. Maclin does an excellent job getting the ball at the highest point. They are both good run-after-catch guys though.

Maclin would be the perfect fit for Marcus because #8 likes to throw with timing to players and Maclin always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

Yeah that was him. He was ultra dynamic and different. Those migraines slowed him down so it is really hard to gauge what he could have been if stayed healthy. The Seahawks had the idea of a change of pace back to compliment Lynch but Harvin couldn't stay healthy.

7. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

I believe we were comparing Hill to Harvin. Not Maclin.

I also agree that Maclin would be a nice edition to the what the Titans are doing IF he can return to form. I've always liked his ability to find the holes in zone defenses and how he turned on the burners when defenses tried to go man.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I agree with you guys.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

In my opinion, someone like Maclin or Corey Davis for that matter will allow Robiskie to throw a game plan at the defense from the first whistle. The reason why I think the Titans always start slow is because they have a hard time gauging what the defense is going to give them. Without true threats at WR it's hard to "counter" what you can't make work in the first place. Only when MM8 and company get comfortable, do they look like Pro-Bowlers. Problem is patience wears thin and fans start to go crazy. And that's understandable when, by the time the offense "gets it" the team is down 10-14 points. I hope I'm making sense.

I know I only coach Pop Warner and High School coach but people don't realize that precise route runners with great cutting ability makes life for corners and outside linebackers very difficult. That's the read for the QB most of the time. Offenses are built to make the defense choose and whatever they do choose they are wrong BUT you need speed, cutting ability and football IQ to do that. Our receivers now are lacking "eliteness" (real word lol) to some degree in one or more of those categories. This is why I think Walker is even better than some people think and Matthews will KILL when he's allowed to be a true #2.

Maclin would be nice but that's only a band aid for the next 2 years. My opinion is Corey Davis is the best fit if he is able to live up to the hype. I really like Williams too but Davis fits what the Titans are doing.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
    Everyone get laid last night? Aurritee! haha

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Chiefs cap situation makes Maclin an interesting guy to watch. Last yr we traded for Murray which helped out the Eagles cap space....obviously other teams weren't willing to pay Murray's salary or the Eagles would have gotten more for him than just swapping of 4th rnd picks....JRob was the only GM willing to eat Murray's cap hit...so do you think JROB would be okay trading for Maclin's 9mil salary after a down yr from him??? The Chiefs are obviously in a tough spot cap wise and they would rather not have to cut Maclin so maybe they do a similar deal as the Eagles did last yr.

If I were JRob, I would make them a low ball offer to take Maclin's salary off their hands. Don't wait and see if he gets cut and have to get into a bidding war with other teams. Be aggressive, fill the WR need before FA and then focus on the defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar