Should Titans pursue Cedric Benson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't think Benson's any better than the (big) handful of other mediocre RBs who'll be available. The Titans should just pick a cheap one who still has a bit of gas in the tank. Could be Benson, could be someone else.

Definitely shouldn't spend a high pick on an RB. Upgrade the line and CJ will be just fine for another few years.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

There's a solid crop of talents rookie RBs:

Eddie Lacy - 2nd
    Giovani Bernard - 2nd
    Montee Ball - 2nd/3rd
    Andre Ellington - 2nd/3rd
    Josepth Randle - 3rd
    Johnathan Franklin - 3rd
    Christine Michael - 3rd
    Stepfan Taylor - 3rd
    Le"veon Bell - 3rd
    Mike Gillislee - 3rd
    Marcus Lattimore - 4th
    Kenjon Barner - 4th
    Thero Reddick, Ray Graham, Rex Burkhead, Jawan Jamison, Cierre Woods

I would have zero objections investing a 3rd (from Finnys comp, hopefully) or a 4th in a RB.

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

If we took Warmack at 10 and pick up Le'Veon Bell who is a beast it would be hard to stop us down at the goal line as long as we plug in another good guard.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Rather have Stephen Jackson but that will never happen. Cedric is the poor man's alternative so yeah..

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i think you go FA, then take a Bell or late flier on lattimore

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

While I agree we need a big brusing running back to compliment cj, it isnt one of our biggest needs right now. I dont believe in drafting a 2nd string running back in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, nor do I think we should spend alot of money through FA on one. We just have way to many other areas of concern.

8. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Ok so I didnt know a whole lot about Bell, so I watched a few videos on Youtube. Sold! He must have ran hurdles in high school or something. Wouldn't mind him in the 4th at all. He'd be a great complement back to CJ.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't even look at RBs in the early phase of FA. Wait to see what happens in the draft. I would be fine drafting a RB with a 3rd comp or early 4th rnd pick.

I think Bell is really going to impress folks at the combine with how quick his feet are for such a big man. He really reminds me of Jerome Bettis. I think he gets drafted in the late 2nd or early 3rd rnd.

If the draft comes and goes without us taking a RB then start looking into the vet FA market. Just don't guarantee anyone any money before the draft.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Would have to be cheap. We have a lot of $$ invested in RB already. Dont see them spending much at RB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar