Should Titans Ever Consider Trading Up?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I misread the thread title. I thought it said 'even' rather than 'ever'.

Sure, we should consider trading up at some point in the future. This just isn't the draft to do it.

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

If we lose our 2nd or 3rd to gain Floyd a few picks higher, the rest of the draft could be on D. Last years draft proved our front office can find talent in later rounds. And we spent 6 of 9 picks last year on Defense which built depth and gave us a few new starters but we are still left with needing more D. So why not complete the Offense with a start and give the current D alittle bit easiler time from just losing one or two later picks

3. NewHorizans

Speaking of the right draft to trade up. Does everyone agree with the Jared Cook trade up in '09? We lost our '10 2nd round pick to gain Cook in the 3rd. I think it was totally worth it, and that trade is proving my point that I would rather have Cook now than some random 2nd round pick that season.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Unless Jared Cook emerges as a top 10 TE, that trade was not worth it whatsoever.

Just to name a few "random" players taken in the 2nd round [47th pick (what would've been our pick) and beyond]... Carlos Dunlap, Terrence Cody, Sean Lee, Ben Tate, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer.

Not to mention the fact that Rob Gronkowski was taken 42nd overall. Had we not traded for Cook, we could've done some trade in the 2010 draft to move up and take Gronk without even having to give up as much as we did for Cook. I can only imagine if we had Gronk, Britt, Washington, CJ, and Locker. I'm dreaming, I know. But we could've gotten a quality player in the 2nd round that year.

5. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Trading up for Blackmon would be insane. Most likely he is going to be a decent WR in the NFL but he won't be great. Floyd will be the better WR at the NFL level.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There are enough prospects that we don't need to move up. there's really no 1 worth moving up to get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Agreed.

Wouldn't trade up in this draft. Just a mediocre draft class in general... no one really stands out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Blackmon would be nice sure, but the draft is stacked at WR. If we take one at all, I hope it wont be until later on. McNutt,Streeter and Hilton all like decent 4th-6th round guys for example.

We have too many needs to trade up.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Double agreed. Unless you're need a QB (with Luck and RG3) available, this draft class is meh.

10. NewHorizans

I see the reason why it wont happen this year. But my main point of posting this thread was to discuss why the Titans NEVER trade up. Year after year, we never go after the Elite star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar