Should the Titans restructure Roos?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

We definitely need to pay an OT in free agency. So many good ones. We can get a decent deal on one of them.

Would be so much better than overpaying a pass rusher and drafting a tackle and taking a chance starting a rookie on the offensive line.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree with you about being able to get a cheaper OT in FA because their are quite a few decent ones on the market and the draft is pretty solid at OT as well.

I disagree about Roos though. Just because you restructure and extend him does not mean that he has to play to the end of his contract. If you don't plan on extending him this year then you better go ahead and be looking to draft his replacement.

I would extend Roos and then pick up a cheap RT in FA and then draft an OT in the mid-rnds who might have potential to be a LT. That way you have your OL set for a few years and try to develop your next LT. If it doesn't happen then get your new LT in the draft 2 years from now.

That way you take advantage of a deep FA class to get a guy cheaper. Take advantage of a deep draft class at OT which will push talent to later rnds and stabilize your OL for several years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

I'm not to confident that the tackle fa will end up being as good as it seems now. I think most the good ones will resign or end up getting big deals. I know another young guy on the oline doesn't seem all that good but if we plan on moving down in the draft we could get a 1st or 2nd round guy and if we continue drafting as good as we have been, we'll have a dominant oline for years. But, I would rather get a fa just don't see the price and skill being right.

A guy like Richardson in the late first (if we plan on moving down) or early 2nd would be big for us.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I had my fill of drafting o-line in the first round last year! I was fine with the pick but to be honest warmack was disappointment last year. He got blown up way more than I thought he would. Not sure we couldnt have gotten the same production out of a 3rd or 4th rounder. We need to draft playmakers with the eleven pick or trade down and get that 3rd rounder back we gave away last year

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Cooper was the pick we should've made. Too bad we didn't have the Chance.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The pick should have been Sheldon Richardson. He was BPA and we did have a Chance to get him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Nah, I personally think Guard was the way to go. Richardson is a good player though.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I swear, Chance better turn out to be a stud. I liked him all along (mainly cause we needed a Guard bad) but we should have waited on Guard, the best rookie Guard was a 3rd rounder last year. We missed out big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar