Should the NFL invest in marijuana research?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 15, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This should be allowed in all 50 states immediately. The results have already told the story.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The evidence that marijuana actually helps in the case of brain injuries is sketchy.

It should be legal. I think most of us agree on that.

Let's pump the brakes a little before we proclaim it some kind of miracle drug, though.

And let's hit a full stop on the idea that the NFL of all things should be the ones doing the research. The NFL doesn't exactly have a great record when it comes to being honest about the science behind brain injuries. Let's let independent researchers make those decisions.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Its a miracle drug

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Alzarius

The majority of the studies I've seen that try to discount cannabis oil and how it helps with epilepsy, seizures, cancer, and a few more ailments are by big pharmaceutical companies.

Of course they will have a problem with it. It messes with their $$$$$$

I've read multiple studies and although some say it doesn't help at all, there are many cases where it allows people to live much better lives.... .without paying 80 bucks a pill.

5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Eh I'm all for making it legal, no way is any worse than alcohol or tobacco, but I find it hard to believe it would actually be better to treat concussion stuff.

6. TorontoTitanFan

You're talking about treating symptoms.

Huge difference between that and suggestion that marijuana can actually help protect the brain.

7. Alzarius

What about the seizures, epilepsy, and other brain damage linked to concussions? I don't believe it'll help players with current injuries, so I agree with you there. Long term though, that's where it becomes beneficial to patients.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I think you quoted the wrong guy

9. TorontoTitanFan

10. Alzarius

I was commenting more on your first statement than the last paragraph. You said that cannabis oil and brain injuries research was sketchy. There have been many newer studies that claim breakthroughs with specifically epilepsy and seizures. (Doesn't work for everything though. There are also those where it does no good. There are many examples of people who are living better lives because of cannabis oil)

I wouldn't trust the NFL for anything and don't feel like they should spearhead research. It won't cure a players concussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar