Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Deal!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If Terrell Davis cannot get into the HoF then no way :cj: should.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I do believe that if CJ goes elsewhere or we get a dominate run blocking line, CJ CAN end up in the HOF.

He has broken too many records. He just needs to stop talking, and one of the above to happen, and hes good.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not disagreeing, just pointing out we haven't exactly had much luck with the RBs we do pick up in the late rounds. And are we willing to spend a 1 or 2 on a RB?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There you have it. Average, at best...
    "Feed" it to ANY of the top 32 backs 279 times in the league and get better or similar stats.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If CJ gets the same yardage in 2014 he'll be paid $7428 for each yard.
    If he finds out he attains half those yards and collects nearly $15,000 a yard it would probably be all he needs to become a huge Green fan.. CJ Logic

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Alzarius for whatever reason, my computer wont quote when I click the link so Ill try and respond to the non season you said without quotes.

OC go off of the HC game plan and philosophy especially when its a offensive coach like munch. Who also have said that he has a power run game. Which is mainly an up the middle game plan. So yes, both are responsible for the game plan and the calls that are played. If munch did not like them, he would said so. He liked what Loggains was doing, hence why he was fired over not firing Loggains. We did not run any type of sweep or option this year. Partially because of Fitz, but CJ is always looking for a big run, do u really think he would quit on the outside run where he can use speed to go inside and get tackled? No he wouldn't.

We did run a lot over the last 3 games, two of cj 3 highest rush totals, we won 2 of them. Also, Houston was a good team, turnovers cost them multiple games. Their D and O ranks were better than ours.

I never said anything about CJ needed 300 carries, I want to keep the RB with the hot hand be it CJ or Greene, doesn't matter to me. They took the ball out of the hot hand a lot last year. That's well documented. And don't think that a single player in the NFL doesn't want the ball more or be used more. They all do. Should he have said it out loud, probably not. Tommy Smith did and he is agreeing with management, probably a decent move for him, it doesn't look good to fans. Frankly, he doesnt and shouldn't give a **** what we think. But as of now, he is one of the most attractive pieces for potential HC.

Results are all that matters in this league. CJ can still get positive results. No one here has or will say he was fully motivated over the last 2-3 years, but why cant he become motivated again next year with a new staff? No one knows whether he can or will besides him, dont say why he wont, its all speculation. No one knows.

I also state that hopefully a new OC can get him to run harder is because I have been in the belief that Zimmer/ defensive is the new coach. If we hire and offensive coach, then he could. Munch is offensive, that's why he gets some blame as well.

So dont twist my words into negative selling points. I know exactly what I am talking about and understand that every move we make, there needs to be a concurrent move to respond to it as well. We dont have a concurrent move to cutting CJ.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'll say this if Zimmer is our guy he'll be inside of CJ a-- by the third stalled drive. If the new coaching staff wants to keep Johnson then that is obivously what we should do but I don't think he fits the offense of Mike Mularky or Hue Jackson (those are the two names we've heard attached to our OC spot so far.)

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Marvin and Hue have some bro love going on. Slam dunk Hue is Cinci's OC when Jay leaves..
    Do Zimmer and Mularky have common ground? I think Zimmer left Atlanta before Mularky came along.. Zimmer will probably cherry-pick some Bengals and Cowboys guys..

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Jackson will go where he believes he can be showcased for a HC job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar