Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

A team with CJ looks way more attractive to Head Coaching candidates, rather than ..."Hey come coach the Titans! We have Shonne Green as your RB1!!!"

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

none of those guys were really expected to be "the guy" besides White and Brown. And both of them had a few decent seasons, respectively. Ringer was not great, but only was a 5th round pick.

We have never been in real need of a franchise RB at any point in the Titans history. From George to Brown to T Henry to LW/CJ to CJ, We've never really had to swing for the fences for an immediate starter. Most of these guys were luxury picks.. and harper and C Henry were just stupid picks from the very beginning, plain and simple.

Ganther was kinda drafted to be a complementary blocking back, Payton was a family friend hire, Nash was a 5th round pick that flamed out, no big loss for the Titans.

3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Again I have always seen him as a 12-15 carry a game back, but coulda done more damage with 6-8 catches a game. Not the little dump off crap, but with him in the slot or out wide running slants and crossers like Faulk used to do. Between 20-25 TOUCHES a game that way. That being said, he doesnt seem to willing to do that. I think it would prolong his career and he would be a playmaker again being used that way. JMO

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Also, another thing.

I hardly ever see people give props to CJ for being so freakin' durable. I play fantasy football ...and for those that do...you know those headaches of "Limited practice / game time decision" calls

For a small guy like CJ, I only recall him being on the injury report only a couple times in the last 3 years. Freakin amazing

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

True. But it helps your durability a lot if you go down immediately upon contact... which seems the case more often than not.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Now, I will give you that my man. It always amazes me how dude stays healthy at sub 200 lbs 5'11 every season. That being said, his performance isn't maching the $$$ and he is getting older and this team needs A LOT of help

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

CJ is right in that he isn't used to the best of his abilities here. But being the supposed "playmaker" he is, it really shouldn't matter much. He should be making more plays regardless of the scheme.

We all know that the run game struggles aren't any one thing. It's not all the RB. It's not all the OL. It's not all the scheme. It's a combination of all three. And I'm beyond tired of this freaking dude refusing to take ANY of the responsibility. He clearly takes plays off, shies away from contact, and you never know what level of effort you are going to get from him from one game to the next (or one play to the next). And he has the nerve to sit there and say he's worth 8-10 mill/year and won't take a paycut.

This dude just might be the biggest whiner the Tennessee Titans have ever had. And we once had a guy by the name of Vincent Young.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Relax people. Jake will NOT be starting next year, and neither will Shonn Greene. FA backs will be available, and so will draft options. I don't mind Greene as a change of pace back at all.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Be the horse? He's the size of a cat! LOL

This is exactly our teams problem, we feature this guy way too much already. He is a scat back by nature.

This dude is delusional if he thinks we should feed him more balls.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We were in pretty much every game this year except for the Broncos game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar