Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

A CJ-less team will tank? Is that what you are saying? Lol

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris Johnson does not seem self motivated, and he's also not a rah rah guy thats going to lift his teams spirits. The only way he's beneficial to us is if we can first get leadership from the QB position. Even Vince Young was a leader when the clock was running. The group of guys we had then worked well with Vince. The group we have now also works well with Jake, which is why you saw us winning games when Jake was active. So there can be a spot on this team for CJ, but he can't be the focus of the offense, that has to come from our QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

A CJ-less team with Jake Locker as their starting QB who will have had what 3 different coordinators in 4 seasons. Yes that team will tank.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would LOVE that to happen. But Bell is one of only a few good RB's this free agency, we shouldn't expect to land him, but if we do Id be thrilled.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm willing to face the facts, that CJ was a 1 or 2 year wonder. It happens all the time. his high points were very high, and his low points have been very low. CJ is 28 years old.. He's only got a few more years of NFL money to make. He is small, and will likely not hold up will into his 30s, plus when he loses his speed even further. He should want to be cut in hopes that he can make good money elsewhere.

We have seen his prime. It's 5 years over, this year. He's not going back to that form.. so what's the point of paying him like he is?

6. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

Hes a 3rd down back at best

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Lendale White, Chris Henry, Javon Ringer, Quinton Ganther, Damien Nash, Jarret Payton and Chris Brown.... (although I actually liked Brown)

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really ready to move on from CJ.

We need a team player in the RB spot. Too much whine from CJ.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is true but it's also a bit of a false argument in this case. When you are in control, or even "in" a game you tend to run the ball more. And when we run the ball, it tends to be with CJ. So I don't really see what that stat proves. The same would most likely be true regardless of who our starting RB was.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar