Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No!! He kills offenses
    He needs to go regardless what the savings is.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If our new coach pushes to keep him then I'm ok with that. If they want us to go in a different direction I'm also ok with that.

3. JCBRAVE

The ONLY way I'd have Johnson back next year without being pissed about it is if he takes the paycut, and also has to spell Greene.

Shonn Greene can get you your constant 3-4 yards, so that when Johnson comes in fresh off the bench, he can gouge defenses for big gains. That was the winning recipe for Johnson in 2008 when this team was last good. So thats my plan if anyone cared, and i think it's a good plan.

C.J. can come back for $4M/yr instead of $8M because thats what guys like him are worth these days on the market, and if he's not game for that then bye bye C.J.

4. rodgev

rodgev Starter

My wife who watches football casually has even noticed CJ falling after first contact she laughs Everytime he touches the ball and gets taken down by a light tap. So no unless he takes a paycut or they design an offense that in no way shape or form has him running anywhere near the middle then cut him.

5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Well he isn't getting a pay cut, he said that. And Tommy smith wants to keep him, he indirectly said that. A big part of the coaching search will find someone who can motivate and get the best out of CJ. He is too good when motivated to cut. He wasn't the last 2 years. Maybe someone else can, it's worth the gamble.

6. JCBRAVE

Whats wrong with mid-round RB's?

Jamaal Charles
    DeMarco Murray
    Alfred Morris
    Frank Gore

all had more rushing yards than CJ.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Morris is only going In his 3rd season, look at Cjs first 3 seasons. And Murray is decent if he can stay healthy but still he isn't that franchise rb.

8. JCBRAVE

Well if we're looking for a "franchise RB" we're going about it all wrong.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Someone else already addressed that. It's a rarity to hit on one and finding one is in no way as easy as you make it seem.

10. JCBRAVE

Im not looking for us to hit gold, just find a serviceable RB to pair with Greene. I only pointed out the mid-round RB's with 1000-yards because those are obvious guys we'd all take over CJ today. But theres dozens of names I could add to that list who are good RB's.

You use, abuse, then discard RB's nowadays. Why use a top pick on one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar