Should Taylor Thompson be used more?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He only played 2 snaps last week and I think he would help out our struggling running game a lot. He is by far the best blocking TE we have on our team. Also Stevens only played 11 snaps. Are we putting too much faith into Walker? Imo yes we are. Idc if we have to use Thompson as a FB he should be more involved in the game b/c he is such a good blocker.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't know that we are putting too much faith in Walker. But I am wondering why we gave Stevens a $15 million contract and traded up for Taylor Thompson if we weren't planning on using them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im liking what Im seeing from Thompson on special teams, he plays with a lot of intensity.

Its hard to say exactly whats keeping him off the field on offense, but I'd assume its as simple as Delanie Walker is the complete package, why would you want to cut Walkers snaps down for Thompson?

My favorite Taylor Thompson moment came on the Reynaud muffed punt return, he looked at D-Rey like "WTF did you just do?" It was a funny moment while at the same time a very frustrating moment.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why don't they put him back on D..

or make him a fullback.. dude can blow people up

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

The plan had to have been to use them both after Cook left, but then Delanie Walker became an option.

Kinda like having an ok looking girlfriend then some hotter chick comes along and is like "hey come get this :howdy: "

6. JCBRAVE

When Thompson is in he is playing FB, all of our TE's line up back there, seems to be the trendy thing to do lately.

I do remember us using Erron Kenny a lot as a FB, but he never converted to FB.

7. TitansWillWin2

Yeah but if he only plays 2 snaps and we hand it off every time in the game, thats the giving away our play.

8. JCBRAVE

No one on the planet is keeping tabs on what Taylor Thompson does when he's in, at least no one playing in the games.

If I didn't have gamepass, I'd never know who Thompson was. I have to go back and re-watch the game twice sometimes to find him out there.

9. TitansWillWin2

I promise you when the other team knows if he is in the game then think run. Just like Rex Ryan said the only time we throw it to hunter is on a deep ball situation.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the Titans are so predictable in the play calling :cuss:

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar