Should Klug start over Jones?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Two QB hits and Four hurries, Klug was once again in the backfield all day. So far he has outplayed Daquan Jones across the board this season and has been a menace to opposing offenses when given the chance. When will he get the nod and start seeing more play time? A front line with Orakpo, Klug, Casey and Morgan sounds pretty dang dominant to me.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Klug is not great vs the run. Jones much better as a run stuffer. Klug excels in the role he's in now. Situational pass rusher.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 6
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If other teams never run against us this would be a good idea

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Klug is a situational pass rusher and that's it.

He gets his stats or plays, because no team game plans for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Per PFF he is the highest graded run defender of any of our interior defenders. Better than Jones, Casey and Woods.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I don't like this at all !!!! Sure Klug has being playing great no doubt but why try to bring Jones down the sacrifice he has made on the run game has been nothing but excellent.

He takes on 2blockers every down to free Casey and klug with one on one match ups.

So yeah if you want to wet your panties because of klug go ahead and do it .But don't take away the work D.Jones has done.

• Troll Troll x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I get your point. But look at it this way. They want to be stout against the run in base D with BIG guys! Klug is smallish but quick and feisty. Jones ties up blockers while Klug works past them. We already have a guy who does that in Casey so I think they

I put no stock in PFF ratings! They can't even explain half the ratings they make...but that's another thing.

Most importantly, Klug is freshest for what he is BEST at - rushing the passer. He also rotates in the base D as we sub our DL players to keep them fresh. I would guess he gets about as much playing time as any DL not named Casey.

For now, I'd keep him as is...a vital piece of our pass rush (since pass defense has been our biggest problem)! If I was the Titans DL coach and graded him out significantly higher than Jones, maybe I make the change but I'd also be concerned about losing some of our pass rush...so it depends how much an improvement that would be versus not making the change.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Klug is a rotational player.

I have been disappointed in Jones this year though. Not anything we need to change right now but I hope Austin can continue to develop and eventually push for his job. When Woods is back I'd like to see blackson get more and more snaps as well. blackson has impressed me more then jones this year.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Is that because the only run plays he defends is when the QB drops back, everything is covered and he tries to run for his life?

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think both are good at what they do and probably can't do what the other does. It wouldn't make sense to switch them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar