Should Griffin get #27?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oochymp, May 2, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

He was listed as #27 on titansonline.com earlier today. I guess Eddie caught up with him and beat him down until he agreed to take #28. Then, Eddie went to "deliver" the bad news to Thompson.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sure, why not? Eddie is a Dallas Cowboy. Let them retire his number.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The number isn't retired, Griffen could have it. Should he? Who knows, and who cares? The continuity of the number from college to the pros is kind of pointless. I think they should all have to change numbers. It would give them a break in their identity, let them start new.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

by the time Eddie decides to retire ......
    and / or is nominated for the hall ......
    several new Titans could wear that #

5. DJB

DJB Starter

A guy who hasnt done one thing for the Titans shouldnt wear 27 out of respect for a guy who is one of the all time great Titans. Unless of course Eddie gives him his blessing.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

let the man wear #27..

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

would you let someone wear #9 ?

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

You pretty much have to ask Eddie George for teh ok if youre Griffin, its out of respect, if I were Eddie i wouldnt have a problem with him wearing it

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Eddie doesn't get an opinion in the question. If he'd retired here, he'd have more say. I certainly consider him a titan rather than a cowboy, but I don't see why he should have any say.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People put way too much focus on numbers anyway. It has the same significance as blue or red underwear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar