Should Fitzpatrick be traded to the Jets?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Before being pigeon bombed, hear me out on this.

The Jets are a mess right now. Both Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith have proven theyre not fit to take snaps at this level.. The Jets have shown they're not sold on Sanchez and Smith by adding Graham Harrell to the mix, hell even Matt Simms is looking better than S&S (Sanchez & Smith).

Mark Sanchez is hurt and wont play week-1, and Geno Smith has stunk all preseason.

Now enters Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick has killed it this preseason, as in he's been great. Fitz has thrown 5 TD's and had produced a passer rating of 127 thru the last 4 games. Thats more TD's than the 4 QB's in New York combined!

Now since Tim Tebow is still unavailable for the Jets to re-sign, I suggest we call Rex Ryan and his gang of dumbas$es and propose this trade.

If you're wondering why I'm willing to part ways with a capable NFL QB that we just gave a $6M contract to, well its because Im nuts and I want Rusty Smith to stay a Titan. And I believe the New York Jets front office is even crazier.

The Jets are very familiar with Ryan Fitzpatrick, they've watched him carve them up many times while playing for Buffalo. I think they might go for it. Lets try it, whats there to lose?

What we might piss off Brony Fitzpatrick? Thats cute.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The title of this thread needs to be changed

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 9
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did I scare you?

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I agree but for different reasons. Time and time again I see the Pats trade decent valued players to teams for draft picks. What happens? They use those draft picks to get the personal they really want/need. Maybe that's in the draft or through another trade, but the point is they have the ammo.

Why this won't happen: Titans FO just doesn't work this way. Would I love to be wrong and see them change? Absolutely. They switched it up this last year and stock piled on a ton of WRs and CBs and let them duke it out during preseason. That was awesome, but this has a bit more of a risk involved and I'm not confident we do it.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Look at it this way. If we need Ryan Fitzpatrick, then we have bigger problems that he won't be able to solve, but an extra draft pick could.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Could have at least put the rumor tag on it.

7. The Hammer

Ya damn right you did. You're gettin the Boxxy trollin loop for that one.

[​IMG]

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Id be all for trading ****zpatrick

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

Why? It isn't even a rumor. Just random speculation.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Hell, I'll take a 1st or 2nd round pick for Fitz if the Jets want him so bad. Rusty can do as well as Fitz if in a pinch with Jake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar