Should Erron Kinney be traded or cut during the offseason?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kinney is solid, good blocker which is something we definately need.

We have no need to get rid of him just so we can play a 4th TE who wasnt even drafted.

2. smili

smili Starter

Nope. Kinney is still our best TE. He's not that expensive from a Cap perspective. Troupe is the red zone threat but they seem to trust Kinney a whole lot more on all other areas of the field. You keep players that are solid like Kinney when they don't break the bank.

3. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Kinney...Troupe and maybe Bo have more upside. Anyone changing their opinions?? Not saying Kinney isn't a good player but his value is higher now than it will ever be. We have tons of other holes to fill. Kinney for a player who can help at safety or an O-Line position would be good

4. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Actually I think were in pretty good shape at the TE position, unless someone wants to trade the farm for Kinney. My only issue is his health, he hasnt started and finished a season yet, starting every game.

I really like Gunther.

5. THE53

THE53 Guest

There are two really good tight ends in the draft in Mercedes Lewis and Vernon Davis, both very fast and athletic. Still, there could be a couple of teams with late first round picks that will need a tight end, and Kinney could work in a trade. Either way, i think a bunch of teams would trader a second rounder for Kinney, like Jacksonville or St. Louis or the Bengals.

I started thinking though, could we run something like what the Redskins do. I dont really know much about it, but i think they have Cooley as an H Back and Sllers as the Fullback. But, if Fleming hasnt really proved anything to Fisher, could we move Kinney, who certainly is big enough and strong enough, to fullback. Then, we could throw to him alot, and get him at least 50-60 catches, with troupe getting his fair share too at tight end. Then, Scaife and Guenther could rotate in. Scaife could play either position, fullback or tight end, but guenther would just be a tight end. It would just add another threat out of the backfield, since fleming didnt catch too well this year. And i thinmk that Chow would like it too. Just a thought...

6. No team would trade a 2nd round draft pick for Kinney...

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not even Houston????

8. That depends on whether they keep Casserly as GM...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

They had a terrible choice to make and as it was explained by Soxcat we had to dump JMAC because of the money and a compensatory pick issue. I was a huge fan of JMAC and I really hated to see him go. I'm not sure there was a right choice. I think there is only what was done.

All this dump Kinney talk is nonsense.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

You are correct that Kinney being traded is nonsense just cause the Titans will not do it.

But it is not nonsense from the standpoint that Tennessee is 4 deep at that position and could probably move Kinney without any huge downside risks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar