Should Erron Kinney be traded or cut during the offseason?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Troupe has looked good on more than one occasion this year and last. What's most inconsistent is how he's been used. I've paid a lot of attention to his blocking, and he doesn't deserve the rap that some give him about being a horrible blocker. I like Kinney, but he's not elite, and he's not a 1st round talent. He's good, but his production this year owes a lot to the system.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm not sure there's a lot of resale value for a TE ..... is there ?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well you're certainly not talking for me or my "delusions". Just because there's good reason to entertain the option of trading Kinney does not mean that I'll guarantee the college player brought in will be better. It's not even a direct comparison for who's "better".

Troupe is the guy I'd be comparing to Kinney if we lost him, we wouldn't be drafting a TE to replace Kinney. Troupe does have the potential to be better than Kinney, and I admit, it's just potential. But it will be his 3rd year here, and I can see the reason for throwing him into the #1 spot and finding out just how good he can be.

We'd use the pick to draft a player in an area where we're not strong. We have plenty of those areas to chose from.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I probably missed it, but I can't even remember the last TE deal, as in trade, that was done.

Much as I want to see the younger guys develop, unless there was such an offer out there for Kinney, cutting Kinney would be foolish. Guenther is the one I'd want to see play, but right now if it came down to cutting someone, it'd have to be GG - and he's a freak with potential. Having a vet is invaluable, as the WR situation has shown this year.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what has CB done that any average NFL HB could not do?

of course this goes back to the OL vs HB thingy, BUT when EG was limping thru his last season or so, with basically the same OL as CB has had the last two seasons, it was all EG's fault for his pedestrian production. If CB was special in any way he would have way better numbers, or at least be a viable play action threat on 3rd and short - heck even late EG was still that. No CB does not bring anything to the team that many other, cheaper HB would not bring.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

EG didnt have long runs called back on holds.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes he did - plenty of them

of course Long is relative - lol

EG had a big ole handful of 15-25 yard runs called back

CB's callbacks tend to be longer/more critical I'll admit

8. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Didn't Doug Jolley just get traded for a pick this last off-season? What round was it?

9. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Jolley trade

They dealt tight end Doug Jolley plus three draft picks (one second-rounder and two sixth-rounders) to the Jets for the 26th overall pick and the 230th overall (sixth-round) pick.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

OT: I'm beginning to think we should have kept McCairens and traded Bennett. I can't decide.

Kinney? Tough question. What percentage of time has he been IR'd or PUP'd?
    Does he make the big plays? How often?

I know that this season has leaned heavily on tight ends, but I don't see it remaining that way next season. At least, I hope not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar