Should Erron Kinney be traded or cut during the offseason?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A 3rd TE not being considered "good" yet is what you have on every team. You could go as far to say that about the 2nd or even 1st TE for many teams. If we insist on relying on the TE's this much, I'd understand....but aren't we over doing it? I think so.

We've built this team mostly through the draft, we've got many holes, seems logical to covet draft picks. Of course we can offset some of our needs this year through free agency....hopefully. The draft is a crap shoot, and I can see this arguement either way. Like most things, it's not black and white.

2. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

To rely on 2-TE, which is NOT a bad thing IMO (the Colts like it, too), you really need three very solid TEs or you have to limit your playbook in those sets every time you have an injury. Especially when you don't have ironmen at the position who you know just don't miss games, so injuries/missed time are a distinct possibility.

I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of the consistent producers for the unknown, unless the cap dictates you have to make those choices.

I wouldn't turn down an unexpectedly good offer, either, but if the Titans are the ones making it known they are shopping Kinney, teams probably are going to try and bargain the Titans down. I don't see them getting enough draft value for Kinney to where I think it's worth losing Kinney.

#90 Camp Fodder

That's a very nice loaded question. Either way, he's not a Titan.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What would you be willing to give Kinney up for?

I'd do it for a 2nd without hesitation.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not saying a 2 TE set is a bad thing, and we've used it with only 3 TE's on the roster before. One being Kinney, one being a below average Shad Meier, and the other being an aging and hurt Wycheck. 3 is deep enough IMO for how we should use the TE's. Almost no other team is keeing 4 TE's on their roster. I can't worry that much about injuries to keep an extra guy on the roster when we are desperate at other positions. We should not be so dependant on one position.

Well if you want to talk injuries, Kinney gets hurt consistently. If you mean we'd give him up for the unknown and you're refering to the draft pick, well that's true. Teams make those decisions all the time, and we'll have to make some tough ones to move forward. But it's not like we're sitting on a gold mine or anything with Kinney.

If you mean the unknown as in Troupe, Scaife, and Guenther....well I don't think that's so much of an unknown. Troupe has shown what he can do, and he's a 2nd rounder who needs to be on the field more anyway IMO. Scaife has looked the part of a good, and versatile #2. Maybe Guenther makes it, maybe they find someone better.

If they don't want to give up enough for him, then don't trade. I'd take a 2nd and probably a 3rd.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I don't get what's with people wanting to trade one of our best players and a key veteran on the Offense. Is it because an inconsitent TE had a breakout game and a 6th round rookie, with a history of injuries, has preformed beyond expectations? Kinney's worth more than a 2nd rounder to us. Teams don't see that and will want him for less and we won't bite.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Because they are under the delusion that an unknown college player is automatically better than a proven veteran. Most of these same people would trade Brown for a 2nd rounder in a second as well. In their minds all these college kids are automatically better players despite the fact even 2nd round and even 1st round players are no sure thing (we have a few that are worthy of unemployement right now).

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

most of those guys worth unemployment are on the OLine and LB/Secondary positions - definitely not at TE. If you want some people gone here's a list:

Sirmon
    LT
    Kassell
    Hartwig
    Olson
    Hopkins

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

while I agree with the bulk of your post, I do fall in the catagory that CB for a 2nd would be a good deal as I think CB is worthy of unemployment as well.

But he would have to stand in line behind Hopkins, Hartwig, Piller, Nickey, L Thompson, T Williams, Boiman ( cause if he can't beat out Sirmon or Kassell he needs to go), and Woolfolk. Course that is just off the top of my head and there is a CAP, but still.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why is Chris Brown worthy of unemployment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar