Shonn Greene second knee surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

One of the key cogs in the Titans’ backfield is reportedly on the mend.

Tailback Shonn Greene “recently” had right knee surgery, Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean reported on Sunday. It is the second surgical procedure on Greene’s knee since the start of the 2013 regular season.

According to Wyatt, it is anticipated Greene will return for the start of training camp, but he will miss the club’s remaining offseason workouts for Tennessee, which released starting tailback Chris Johnson earlier in the offseason.

Greene, 28, rushed for 295 yards and four touchdowns on 77 carries in 2013. The 5-11, 233-pound Greene is the Titans’ top veteran option at tailback, with rookie Bishop Sankey also likely to have a regular role in the backfield. A second-round pick from Washington, Sankey (5-9, 209) was the only back the Titans selected in the draft.

[​IMG]

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

We should look into signing Natrone Means for insurance purposes

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Greene is fine.

Greene just isn't a full time starter.

This is the reason why I didn't agree with the posters quick to get rid of CJ. The CJ haters seriously thought Greene could plug right in and play, but I just didn't see it.

Sankey will have to carry the load and I think he will. If Sankey can give us 1,200 yards, then I think we will be fine.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

This sucks. I really like Greene. Probably never gonna see him running mfers over again.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Are you getting Greene confused with Battle?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://nfl.si.com/2013/03/13/shonn-greene-to-sign-with-tennessee-titans/

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/29/4025300/knowshon-moreno-officially-signs.html

Tennessee reportedly reached an agreement with ex-Jets running back Shonn Greene on a three-year, $10 million contract that includes $4.5 million in guaranteed money.

Moreno, who signed his one-year, $3 million contract with the Dolphins on Friday

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... Moreno isn't worth a sh*t. On top of that, he's always hurt.

so..

How exactly am I a moron?

You contradicted yourself because you know nothing. Now you try to back pedal using contract numbers? Who cares?

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Your crazy bro, Greene is garbage and declining by the month. Sankey will get twice the carries he does and mccluster will more than likely match his carries

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Sankey is risky. However I'm glad they went with him over mason or hyde.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I don't think anyone is talking up Sankey. I think people are excited about him and like the fact he is a consistent back that seems to get better with more carries but we aren't touting him as the next coming. To me he seems like a smaller Matt Forte type back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar