Shonn Greene arrested

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

the fact that you still don't understand the Verner situation shows that your head is still in the sand.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Did you even read what I wrote?

3. TorontoTitanFan

As I clearly wrote, I was using Verner not as a specific example (I know what happened there) but to demonstrate that repeatedly giving oversized contracts to bad players can eventually bite you in the ass when you have to re-sign someone good.

I repeat, I'm not saying keeping Verner would solve anything. What I'm saying is that all the "who cares if we overpaid it's only a few million" people are missing the bigger picture of FO incompetency.

4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

We offered Verner a better contract than the Buccs he CHOSED to leave.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

But Greene wasn't oversized, so the 'bigger picture' is irrelevant. I understand the point, but we have locked up our only guy worth keeping next year in Casey. Not too many people else I am worried about keeping around.

great use of the word CHOSED

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I'm going to be surprised if Casey doesn't hold out, I think he got ripped off. Especially after McCoy 7 year 98 mil contract.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. TorontoTitanFan

Greene was absolutely paid too much. $10 million? He's no better than a street free agent. May as well have paid Jackie Battle the veteran minimum.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ok

9. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Greene was good for the Jets, especially in there AFC championship runs. The 10 mil was justified at the time, unfortunately he's been a big disappointment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TorontoTitanFan

Would love to know what Jets you were watching. The year before Greene hit FA, he was the worst starting RB in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar