Sherman Takes Dallas Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR coach Ray Sherman informed the Titans he is accepting a position with the Dallas Cowboys. “I thanked him for his contribution here the last two years with our young receivers and wished him well,” Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. “We’re going to miss Ray and his family, but as is always the case we look at change as a chance to get better.” Fisher said he would soon start to interview potential replacements and that he has some qualified, experienced coaches already in mind.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

This should open the door for an improvement because our receiving corps, either due to lack of talent or poor coaching has been ______!!!! Sorry you have to guess the word, been warned already for partial spellings.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That is an interesting move. I wonder why. From a career persective, he will have short term success with Owens, but long term he will be starting from scratch again. I wonder if Fisher told him we are not going after a WR and he bailed, because if he told him we are going after a WR, that would be great news for a WR coach. You gotta think this means one of two things, he either wanted to go south for personal reasons, or the titans are not drafting a wr. And the latter idea scares me, cause I really want one.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Or....Jeff told him, "you know what buddy, it's just not working out. You might want to find a place to go".

That is another scenario.:))

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I haven't thought we were drafting a wr rd. 1. I wouldn't think that this is a lateral move for him. Maybe he will be a coordinator. Promotion is reason enough. How about Mangini and Belichick. I know that's a higher position and all but it's just the same.

Wouldn't shock me if we drafted a DT or S rd.#1
    We have some good young talent.

[​IMG]

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have a feeling we will give GIVEns another shot this year. He got a bum rap with the injury and Young will only be in his second season. A 3rd year QB with a rookie WR would not be so bad.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if he is even recovered from his knee surgery, which i doubt he will be.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Goodbye Sherminator.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar