Shaun Alexander released...Titans interested?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

At first I would have said that we'd be interested, but we haven't pursued anyone this offseason and I doubt that Alexander will get our even-keeled FO excited. Let some other team make that mistake.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Alexander should have 2-3 years left in him

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

How much would it cost to get him? A veteran RB would be ideal at an attractive price, and one of the few offensive positions that we can make look appealing to a job-searching free agent.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No thanks. We have enough injury prone players.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think there is little to lose. I don't see Alexander as setting us back unless we draft our rb of the future. I'm not sure that we have a feature back. I want one. If we don't sign him, we need to balance White with a scat back and share duties once again. Alexander is still a feature back, even though he did lose a step after his injury. But one year removed, he will either be back to normal or permanently damaged, but I think the door is still open on that, and it's a nice risk. Most players return to form one year after the injury and Alexander will be there this year. I like the gamble. We have little to lose.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Too old, I'd rather draft a younger guy who has plenty of gas in the tank...lets not waste our money on this vet who is definately going to get overpaid. Another thing....

The Pats and the Colts DON'T NEED another RB. They both have solid RB's...The Pats don't even use a RB and they have Maroney and Faulk...

as for the Titans, we don't need to look at him, let's keep our eyes on the draft.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

One thing I will say, is that if Heimerdinger opens up the offense to 4 and 3 wr sets, plus shotgun, average backs and even fat backs can excel in that enviroment because of the running lanes. I've often believed that offenses like that make your backs better than they ought to be. Plus we have Young. I don't think I've ever seen an open offense with a qb who can run like Young so I'm interested to see how explosive it can be. I've seen plenty of open offenses with guys like Gannon, Pete, Moon, and Chandler, who can move, but never quite one with a true runner like Young, so I'm excited to see what happens. I think our running game will thrive. I fully expect to see our backs average 4 ypc and get a 1000 yards.

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

hes worth a small contract, after all he was dominating the league with Tiki, LT and Priest Holmes only a few years ago. I understand hes hurt and all but if he can prove hes healthy why not. Lendale is a good back, but only against mediocre teams and hes very inconsistant. Also Henry isnt proven, noone knows what to expect from him yet so we could be in trouble. this years rb situation is gonna be a coinflip.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Something big other than what we've heard had to have happened for the Seahawks to jettison him at this age. Or maybe he was just not going to renegotiate.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It all depends on the $$$ and length of a deal Alexander wants.

But if we could land him for 1-2 years, something in the range of 4-6 million, I'd say he is definately worth the gamble.

He'll either be the Eddie George that played for Dallas, or the Corey Dillon that played for New England.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar