"Sharpe Has Injury Similar To Dodd's" -- Kuharsky

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Love that avi by the way. Reminds me of the old oilers luv ya blue

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It isn't terrible production. But his production is more a product of the team's situation than it is his talent. I can take the 40th best shooting guard in the NBA and have him average 20+ a game, if I demand he takes 20+ shots a game.

The part I bolded is the exact argument for why people are "down on Tajae". In explaining why you don't think he will surpass last year's production, you are repeating what everyone has been telling you guys in this thread.

Now that we have better receivers, Tajae will fall down the depth chart.

It can't work both ways. You're saying his inflated stats are due to his exceptional talent, and his upcoming deflated stats are due to the quality of the receivers around him. BOTH are due to the quality of the receivers around him. If I'm wrong, we don't draft Davis and/or Taylor, and we aren't looking at Decker. If the GM is wrong too, and Tajae is a legit 800+ yard receiver this year, then Tajae beats all of them out and is WR2 again. But all three of us know that isn't going to happen.

3. meekmode

meekmode Starter

if we have 500 targets for the season...
    Walker, Davis and Mathews will take up close to 300 Murray and Henry will take up another 100 and then you have 100 targets between Taylor, Sharpe and the rest of the backup squad. There's zero chance Tajae will get another 80 targets if he's lucky he will get 30-40 and 300+ yards.

Drafting 2 talented WRs doesn't mean more targets to go around, it means less targets to go around unless the offense gets much more pass heavy. Tajae would have to dominate and earn more targets from our top 3.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

What's the wager on him getting less than 300 yards and going at least 6 games without a catch? I'll put money on that too.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'll wager $500 that he gets at least 300 yds.

My main hope is that Davis can exceed what our last 3 rookie WRs have done:

Wright 64 rec 624 yds 4 TDs
    DGB 32 rec 549 yds 4 TDs
    Sharpe 41 rec 522 yds 2 TDs

If he doesn't, the same people in this thread should be screaming he's a bust.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

If Davis doesn't get that (barring an injury naturally) then we have a lot to worry about. I mean big time worry.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

There's nothing to worry about with Davis, barring injury. He's the most complete WR1 in the draft since Amari.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree that he will be solid...No doubt. Was just replying to previous comment. Otherwise, man, that would sting brother. Lol

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If those 300 yards come on 3rd and 2, I'd be a happy guy :)

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh... drafting a #1 and a slot guy doesn't = trying to "move on" from Sharpe.

lol

We have a QB that we're trying to build around.

No one would be silly enough to accuse the Colts of trying to move on from Reggie Wayne when they drafted TY Hilton. Or from Harrison when they drafted Reggie or Gonzalez, Garcon, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar