Sharpe and Tretola "now" claiming self defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sharpe & Tretola, sounds like a law firm

Then you look at them and lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

C'mon guys be real here......... TWO PRO FOOTBALL PLAYERS put a beat down on ONE drunk man at a bar.....AND IT"S SELF DEFENSE????? One of said players is a pretty damn big dude. If the guy had a gun or knife; ok I can see it. Otherwise, there is NO EXCUSE for two men beating the hell out of one guy. Especially, one who is drunk, & most likely unable to defend himself against one guy; let alone two. I am sure the guy was an annoying drunk. He probably insulted them a few too many times. However, playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. It can be taken away as easy as it was given. When they decided to go pro; they agreed to act like pros in the face of adversity. THEY DID NOT. Walking away from one drunk guy; who could not (Without a weapon) create a real threat to two pro athletes, was the professional thing to do. Now, if he actually attacked them, threw the 1st punch, or had a weapon; I can understand. Anything less is not acceptable.

It may not be a popular opinion, but the fact remains: Two men with a distinct physical & intellectual (The guy was drunk) advantage beat the crap out of one man & left him for dead. There is NO WAY to justify that, unless they were physically attacked or the guy had a weapon. Since this case has been very public; if a weapon was involved, you would think it would've been noted at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

Did the drunk guy "Ask for it" by following them to the alley? Maybe. Does that make it ok....NO. Absolutely not. These guys are professional athletes that signed a contract to represent the team well on the field; and in the community. IF they are cut, I will not have an issue with it at all. They failed to meet their agreement with the team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

Sharpe had a decent rookie season. I would hate to see him lose a chance to improve. However, the fact remains; he made a bad decision. As a man; he has to answer for that. Hopefully it doesn't cost him his job. However, it absolutely should cost him something.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ people acting like "they're done for".

This will barely even be talked about and will fade away. They're fine.

A fist fight in the NFL is nothing-- even if the victim is a woman. We've learned this.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Wonder why they ended up beating his ass. Probably some drunk schmuck talking trash to the 2 football players because he's jealous of them. lol Bet the guy's a real idiot. I honestly just don't care about this much. Sorry.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Important players sure. If we were talking Delanie walker and Taylor lewan, nobody would even say the word cut.

But these guys are on the ass end of the depth chart. Wouldn't shock me if jrob decided to make an example of em.

We can always sign squeaky clean #4 receiver and #3-4 OG after cuts.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Dude your making way too many assumptions having known nothing about this other than what you read on the internet. Just let it play out.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

when theyre good that is

but if they suck, as does Sharpe, its a hard call.

Here's the receiving chart, other than our FB, Sharpe is the worst guy to target

2016titansdirectionagrid.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar