Settle down Locker!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RTH, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I thought the Titans D put up an amazing performance! Can't ask for much more! The secondary showed up and the front 4 got pressure. Zach Brown was as a stud! Looking forward to watching #55 this year!
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

IDK IF YOU KNEW BUT HE HAS THE 2ND LOWEST BDR RATING IN THE NFL.

;)
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Locker didn't look great but he wasn't bad for the first time seeing a Dick Lebeau defense.

He may never be great, but we need him to keep developing. We'll see how it goes, this team can be good this season, even if Locker remains inconsistent.

Regarding the play calling that started pass heavy, I suppose Loggains was trying to catch them off guard -- and it probably worked.
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

I was primarily talking about locker
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Amazing?

If I EVER see an "amazing" performance out of Jake Locker I'll probably piss myself.

He played as good as I ever expect him to considering the circumstances. If he plays like that consistently, I'd take it.

The 2 third down throws he made were nice.
  6. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Just rewatched the cut up game. Locker was spotty. "The diamond" formation was basically run exclusive and didn't seem to ever create much space.

We tried to run CJ on stretches but the gaps were filled. We lose this game without Battle/Greene. CJ wasn't very impressive.

Locker made a few VERY clutch throws and some very good looking sideline throws. However everyone of them was a come back route. That's just odd to me and speaks volumes of how limited he is.

Brown was everywhere. Casey was killing the middle.
  7. Bryan Randal

Bryan Randal Camp Fodder

As a new member to this site, lot of smart responses and a lot of fan fare responses hinging upon fan loyalty and great optimism.

It's pretty simple. Jake Locker will be a decent back up quarterback when he gets a little older outside of wearing a Titans uniform. Not the future quarterback for years to come.

Play great defense like today all year, run the ball and just win. In time, the Tennessee Titans will find their next Warren Moon/Steve McNair some time soon.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

^I agree.

I suppose the difference is- I don't expect much at all from Locker.

Much like when I came around on VY. All VY had to do was "manage" or not turn the ball over and I was ok with his play. Same for Jake.

He made some good throws though. Some that were dropped, too.
  9. Dman

Dman Starter

Locker made good decisions with the ball, and didn't try to force the ball which impressed me the most out of his play. The ability to limit mistakes is definitely something positive to take away from the game yesterday!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. musictymiracl

musictymiracl Camp Fodder

I figure the zone blitz is not good for play action and the Polamalu sack was due to them trying to beat the review booth I think.