Settle down Locker!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RTH, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Well what the hell are we supposed to do until next Sunday?

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

yeah, this is not a game of constant fireworks. Even Peyton Manning will hand the ball off for half a game if that's what's called for.

IMO it's rare that we really see what a player is capable of until week 8 and only then if he's consistently starting up until that point.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Most of you guys crack me up, pretty sad though.

Locker had at grand total of 20 attempts, 20. That's fewer than most NFL quarterbacks have in a half!

Pittsburgh was the #1 defense last season in total yards and #2 in pass defense. You're playing them at home, on opening day, nobody expected an offensive explosion by Jake or the offense; including myself.

55% completion for 125 yards and ZERO turnovers against a damn solid defense with a moron of an OC hamstringing the play calling all game. All that said I think Jake did as fine as he could with the plays being called. There were a couple passes I was unhappy with, namely the one on third down where he skipped the ball on the ground 10 yards short to Nate. No excuse for a ball like that.

I didn't get to see the whole game... my connection lagged out in the 4th quarter. But from what I did see the Steelers did a great job covering on the back end, I constantly saw Jake having to come off his primary read and often to his third read. That means there was great coverage and Jake didn't force the ball. A team like the Steelers rely heavily on generating turnovers, when they do the almost always win at home. As we saw if they can't get turnovers they have a tough time winning.

Our play calling was atrocious not only because of all the basic runs, but because we were very, very predictable and as a result, easy to defend.

What really bothers me is Loggains is so simplistic in his approach, the rest of the league is passing us by and making us look pathetic. We have got to be able to score to compete in today's NFL, and Loggains is coaching like it's 1950! You cannot compete throwing the ball 20 times and being ultra predictable on a constant basis. There are just too many extremely good offenses we will be playing.

This is pretty clear to me, this staff has no confidence in Locker and they are just wanting him to manage the game, but that approach will never equate to wins.

I don't understand how and entire organization loves Locker, drafts him 8th overall just to make him a game manager. If they believe that he can't play than the should have already moved on, but to sit there and not give him the opportunity to excel is inexcusable.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

If you would have been told before the game we would win 16-9 and have no turnovers, control the time of possession, had 5 sacks, an interception, and limit the steelers to very few total yards. Who would have taken that. Locker played decent. Didn't hurt us and managed the game. He also stayed healthy. And besides, how many penalties , including dumb and stupid ones took us out of very good position. This was a team win. Did we play perfect? No. But we played fairly smart except for the opening kickoff. We played to our strength : running the ball. If I remember right we talked all off season and preseason about running the football and keeping defense off the field. Well I guess they knew what they were doing. What happened today is exactly what we were told we were going to do. I liked it. Big win in a big way for this team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

OT: Man Kaepernick is unbelievable. If we had a guy like that we'd really be going places.

Anyways, I'm feeling pretty real good about the win. But let's face it, 16 points doesn't cut it 95% of the time. Tough defense or not, Locker's going to have to step up his game if we're going to make any noise this year.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Why? They did that to McNair for years.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

This is a different team is it not? Not to mention the front office and staff are completely different. Lets not forget that the game has evolved offensively since McNair played.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

il definetly take the win but I sure do hope locker improves on a decent day! It is a Win so I can't criticize too harshly but there were a few passes I was upset about but no one is perfect and he didn't make a crucial mistake. I am more pissed at Reynaud than anything... C'MON MAN!

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

We had the ball for 34 minutes and scored 1 touchdown. That's not good enough.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree.... when you have the ball for that long, you need to score a few td's at the minimum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar