Set the Barn on Fire, get rid of the Rats.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Oops I flipped again.

No worries. I caught your recent thread "Commentary on Social Disobedience" and I've gone back to thinking you're a 14 year old simpleton. Hahah, but seriously... oh wait, I was being serious.

:moon2:

2. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Practice what you Preach

Just so you guys don't think I'm biased against a troubled member of an opposing team...

Colts Darrell Reid arrested for weed: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/10104366

My stance: Get him out.
    His offense is not as severe as Pacman's by any means, but he has not proven himself to be as important to the teams' success as Pacman has either. The result? I really would rather him get the boot. He was one of the best special teams players the Colts have ever had (300 lb D-Tackle who plays hitman on our Kickoff!) but he's not worth the bad image.

3. SwingOnDeezBalz

I've been told that the sig may indicate a man of a lesser wit as well.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Thread Reported Hijacked

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Nothing wrong with a fine Pink Taco... food of the gods :)

When you have nothing to say, it's okay to say nothing.

6. goawayschwartz

goawayschwartz Camp Fodder

wait... what??

7. SwingOnDeezBalz

Didn't you just chastise Gunny in another thread for making useless posts?

Back on topic, I think it was a mistake by Roger Goodell to meet with Pacman and Henry. Why are they deserving of his time? Just kick 'em out and let them see what they're worth outside of football!

This is a league of black players that is run by a league of white business men because it is paid for by white fans. You can adopt the "thug lifestyle" if you want, but it will eventually have you living out on those same dirty streets that you celebrate in your "flows."

8. Now, I think you're getting ahead of yourself and going a bit too far with your argument to the point where you're on the edge of insulting others to get your point across. Which in a sense, makes you no better than anyone you're talking about taking action against. Lets be serious here.

Yes, Pacman has been involved in alot of stuff, but has he hit rock bottom? Has the guy gotten the attention he doesn't want now? Is this what the guy needed to turn himself around? After bowling with his daughter, the guy threatening him, could that have done something?

You have to look at those questions and try to render an unbiased thought and response. I would say, More than likely.

You guys have to look at it this way. Many say Fisher is a man of many chances, a warm hearted guy who looks at Pacman and doesn't want to give up on him, nor risk losing the guy to the hand of someone, or on the team.

He wants to be the changing factor of the guy's life. And thats worth more to him than football more than likely and thats how it should be.

You guys can't question a man's heart in that sense. I would bet you Dungy would have stuck with a guy like that.. Because its his job.

You guys have to see, its not Jones going out and purposely getting into trouble... It's his lifestyle, the areas he hang in, the people that surrounds him.. He had to hit rock bottom to realize that. Many do.

Some of you are going overboard with the, "Get Him Out!" What in the world will that do for you??? Us????? Nothing.. Jones didn't divide the locker room, now you guys are making stuff up. People like T.O with his mouth to the public divides the locker room, you can tell, many people dont give a Hoot if he scores... Pacman does it, and everybody on the sidelines is happy.

9. SwingOnDeezBalz

You're getting into the whole sentiment of helping the troubled urban youth get off the streets by granting him leniency for his crimes on the grounds that his un-avoidable lifestyle is responsible for his wrong-doings.

It smells a lot like affirmative action, and that my friend, is a stinky cologne.

The problem with your direction here is that Adam Jones would have never had a second offense if he was a typical, street walking youth. You like him, and you want him to get his 15th chance because he's a contributing member of your favorite NFL team. If you can't admit this, then you're lying to yourself. If you can admit this, then you'll have to agree with me that it ruins your premise.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Yea
    V
    If he sucked, Id say throw away the key, but hes a beast, so idc, call me childish or immature, but this is football, were here to win, not be nice, hence the movie, The Longest Yard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar