Serious Question: Does CJ even deserve to be starting at this point?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 6, 2013.

?
  1. Chris Johnson

48.4%
  2. Shonn Greene

38.7%
  3. Jackie Battle

12.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea WTF is TWW2 even talking about?

Apparently this guy has dreams of us being wrong.

Go back to bed TWW2, you told us nothing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was looking but could not find that thread

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

yah same here man I just remember him posting that tho lol that fool lol credibility goes down after that

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Haha god no. Rusty is terrible. I literally think he sits on the sidelines praying he doesnt have to go in!

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. Fact is, there are some people who will defend him to the death all because of the 2K season.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I will never understand that logic because this league is a "what have you done for me lately" league and Cj hasn't done much. Avg career for a rb in the nfl is 3-4 years and CJ is past that. Time for us to move on and find some fresh legs next year

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Theres a reason Battle cant move the ball either. It's not b/c he is incapable of running for yards here or there, it's b/c our center is terrible along with the playcalling. You guys will see it this week if Greene comes back!

Also it doesnt help that we have been playing top defenses so far.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We give CJ holes, and he'll produce. We all saw what happens when he gets the ball in open space on that desperation shuffle by Fitz yesterday. Loggains and the O-line have been disappointing with respect to the running game. It isn't just Turner either. Our tackles aren't what they were a few years ago. Especially Stewart. I just don't understand how you could watch the Titans run plays develop and not see that CJ usually has absolutely nowhere to go most often. He's taking what he can get and not dancing in the backfield as much as he did early last year. There's just nothing there far too often. Loggains has to get CJ in open space. Catching is not CJ's strength, but we could get him the ball in open space a few times a game if we throw to him more.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

With CJ being paid elite RB money, he should be able to get into open space w/o perfect blocking -- something he hasn't done this year.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Looks like we have a lot more work to do with the offensive line.We need to get Schwenke ready to play center and look for Stewart's replacement in the offseason.Don't remember Stewart's contract numbers but i think its 8 million.We could use that money elsewhere.As far as C.J. goes don't cut him yet he is still our biggest weapon.Fix the line and C.J. and Greene can be a very effective running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar