Serious Question: Does CJ even deserve to be starting at this point?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 6, 2013.

?
  1. Chris Johnson

48.4%
  2. Shonn Greene

38.7%
  3. Jackie Battle

12.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim Starter

This thread is stupid!!! I love how we hate on people without looking at the whole picture. Our O line isn't run blocking worth ****. Plus we've been playing top NFL DS week in week out. I would love to see both backs on the field at the same time. And find a way to get cj the ball in space

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

See

3. Tim

Tim Starter

OK maybe some is his fault but you'd be blind if you try to put even half of this on him. No back would do well when you're getting hit in the back field

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Pretty much my point. We aren't finding ways to get CJ the ball in the space and he's not creating any plays on his own. We're just running a 200lb soaking wet back right at 350lb DLmen every single play. Recipe for disaster.

OC is not creative, like at all.
    OL is not opening up holes.
    CJ is not making anything happen on his own.

It's not gonna get much better anytime soon folks. Not if we keep going with this same strategy.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Completely agree with your post, but the creative part on offense really bothered me. If I could see we were going to run the ball, I am sure an nfl defense would see it coming to

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I wonder if I watch the same game as yall sometimes. If there are LB hitting someone as soon as they get the ball, the can't run.

7. Tim

Tim Starter

Best post I've read so far. FIND A WAY TO GET C.J THE BALL IN OPEN FIELD

8. rockachalk

rockachalk Rookie

So much this. When the OL can't block, how the hell is CJ supposed to run? He's a RB, not a miracle worker! He can't run with the football and do the OLs job all on his own. Get the OL blocking and CJ will be fine.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Dude, Battle had 1 carry for 37 yards, then gained a whopping 1 yard on his remaining 5. Isn't that exactly the type of statline that CJ get's criticized for??

Face it, our OL is struggling in the run game and our playcalling is atrocious, no RB is going to change that.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

1st & goal, we run it twice up the middle where Poe is dominating and Turner struggles and 2 questionable pass-calls.

Why not just run it on all 4 downs or at least try run it on the outside with CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar