Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

September mail to remember

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Is it time for kickoff yet?

A couple of cards arrived today to increase my anticipation

Chris Johnson 08 Topps auto (non-certified in person signature)
    [IMG]
    I rarely buy non-pack pulled autos on eBay, but did a little research and was pretty satisfied that the sig was legit. I love the full Johnston auto, I wish he'd do the same for the sigs he supllies to the card companies.

case in point...

Chris Johnson 08 Topps Rookie Premiere Auto
    [IMG]
    CJ's 08 version of the classic Topps Rookie Premiere auto... damn initials.

also rec'd some goodies from goTitans member Monsta (the spoils of a trade I did with him for the PW Go Dogs! card). Most of it belongs in the Griff thread and will be posted there shortly but he did included a couple of awesome bonus redemption cards (that weren't part of the trade). One's a Griff but the other is a 2007 Donruss Thread Gridiron Kings Signature Jersey redemption (no scan as it's just a redemption at this point). DAMN!!!! Nice throw in... thanks Jerms!
  2. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    I overspent this week. But was in the mood. I have never seen an Olajuwon/Jordan auto, and had to get it on the heels of the HOF Ceremony. Me love Olajuwon. But Jordan is the real keeper on this card.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    1 people high five this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    Good luck with the redemptions. The CJ's are nice. First time I saw his full auto.

I didn't want to get 8 balled on the CJ Auto's, so in the 3rd QTR I decided to buy 3 of them before he begins to skyrocket. I feel now he is legitimate and we are about to face the inevitable jolt. I din't get in early, but not too late either.
  4. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Cool dual... but who is this Jordan guy? Never heard of him (you should try buying one with good players on it instead).

:))

Love the Rice (the centering looks pretty good). I have a pack-pulled Rice, but the centering is awful. Can't stand even looking at the thing. I really have to get a nice one like that. What do they run these days on eBay $25 - $30?

How's the SPX CJ look in hand? I waited too long to pick one up... I'm thinking they're a little bit pricier than they were on Saturday.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    You could get Jerry Rice for about $30-35 with three to four colors in auction. I saw one about a month ago and lost. They come up every so often. So I just bought this one for $70 because I had been wanting it for so long. I gave in and took the hit for pure meercat satisfaction. The actual Rice Rookie is in the same ball park I think. Bout 30$. But the centering as you said has been an issue.

Still waiting for all these cards to arrive. But I too will be interested to see if the CJ looks good in hand. Should know sometime this week.
  6. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    I'm an idiot! I didn't even notice that was a jersey card... I thought it was a Rice rookie :ha: Beautiful patch.
  7. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Speaking of nice patches...

Earl Campbell 05 Gridiron Gear Performers Patch 098/100
    [IMG]

It's always hard to pass up a sweeet Campbell game used.
  8. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
  9. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Haven't been buying much of late, here are a couple of newbs

LenDale 06 Exquisite - Exquisite Patch 33/50
    [IMG]

I love oddball cards...

VY 06 Donruss Thanksgiving Classics
    [IMG]
    I think these were give aways at the games during the 2006 Thanksgiving weekend. Just a cheap oddball 2006 VY card added to the collection.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.