Sensabaugh off to a fast start with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Noo no no he doesn't, Revis is strong, so that size thing doesn't fly.

Coty has even said he watches Revis, but can't be Revis because they dont have the same skills.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I didn't say he was as strong, just that he is the same size as the guy on paper. Now that might be awfully different in person, but similar size normally translates to similar athletics. Coty does seem slightly thinner than Revis tho.

Bench from their respective combines.... Revis did 16 at his combine, Coty did 15 from what I find. Of course that doesn't always translate to actual strength of each. I'm not making comparisons between the twos ability, that would be foolish. Just that Revis doesn't tend to show much weakness in tackling. I think Coty could be a solid prospect if he gets his game right.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think this is Verner's last season as a Titan because of Sensabaugh and Wreh-Wilson.

It will be:
    CB1: McCourty
    CB2: WW
    NB: Sensabaugh

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im not saying I dont like or even think Coty can't get better, he obviously will improve, but whats his ceiling? Is he capable of being a Jason McCourty? IMO he probably wont ever crack that Revis, Sherman, Bailey threshold so he's not a shut down CB in the making, but he could be a valuable player.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If he's a capable nickel guy, it's a win for us. I don't think we have Cb1/2 hopes for him. Good fast shifty slot cover guy.

Wreh Wilson has a higher ceiling I think. The size thing is becoming more apparent with CBs on these bigger elite wrs.

6. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

Fair enough, maybe I was little loose with my definition of a shutdown corner as compared to a #1 corner. I still think it's plain to see that there are probably a good 15 cornerbacks in this league better than our #1 CB.

And I'm talking pure cover skills. If we're talking about how a pass rush can help a CB than we might as well throw in the fact that a good safety in pass support can help out as well.

If we're talking pure cover skills, we still lack a true #1 CB. And that's not to say that we have the worst set of CB's in the league...just that I expect more from my team than just average.

7. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

Also, I think a guy most of y'all are forgetting about it Patrick Peterson. That dude took on Brandon Marshall one on one and kept him in check pretty much the whole night.

That, in my definition, would be a shutdown corner. Sherman would easily be in that category as well as Revis.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Jake Locker has about the same size and speed of Steve Young!

Just messin' with you. I'm a big Sensabaugh fan, lookin' forward to him and Campbell this season.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Patrick Peterson isn't there yet but he will be soon. He has a better combination of measurables and intangibles than any corner in the game IMO and more importantly being the best is important to him. Sky is the limit for that kid. I knew we had no shot but I wanted him so bad for us.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Maybe. But if they were smart they would just pay him a little extra as a NB, such as the low rate for a starting #2, a position by the way we have happily stumbled into filling over the years, such as in that scenario you posted. That nickel position is so important to our scheme, the Titans can theoretically pay Verner a high $2M - low $4M / year contract to play NB, either full or part-time. For instance, they locked up Vinny Fuller exclusively a couple of years to play nickel.
    (865)300-7884
    If Verner is more talented than Sensabaugh when it comes time to re-sign him, they should make an effort to carve out a role. I know you mean "Based on Past Spending Habits the Titans Will" let ATV walk, and that'd be a damn shame, IMO.

Two steps forward, one step back. Let's hope not this time. I'm hopeful thanks to the so-far-apparently amazing offseason we've had, but we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar