Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think Vikings willl go after Kolb or McNabb. They have a good team and could win now. They don't have time to develop Cam.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

but but who will take VY?

3. 24

24 Starter

You realize that a stronger arm will get the ball there faster right? I can also complete a 25 yard pass, but my pass is different from Manning's pass. His will get there faster, the DB can't break on it, and the WR can get some YAC. Sure, that's why Russell got drafted. But, it's also why Elway got drafted. Arm strength is supposed to be a given for NFL QBs, that's why people like you ignore it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I could see that, then Cam would fall to Miami....although Miami is also said to be interested in Kolb. Personally, as long as neither Cam or Mallett end up as a Titan I'm happy.

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Titans starting quarterback for the '11-'12 Season :): Rusty Smith

6. gran54

gran54 Starter

As far as the game Christian Ponder was the best QB I saw and a lot of people think he is a 3rd rounder, but I think he is a possibility for us in the 2nd round unless Mallett or Locker are there.

7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

I wouldn't draft him in the 7th round

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Great. But no... it isn't a "given". It's a stupid attribute that ESPN and it's watchers over-evaluate.

Much like... the 40 yard dash. I guess now you'll explain to me the difference between position speed as if that matters too, eh?

Peyton Manning had mere "Good - NOT GREAT" arm strength coming in to the draft. Hmmm...

Tom Brady was said to lack arm strength coming in to the draft. Hmmm...

Drew Brees was said to love passing short and be shaky on his long-balls coming in to the draft. Hmmm...

Matt Ryan's arm strength was 'questionable' coming in the draft. Hmmm...

Kyle Orton was known to have a weak arm.

Matt Hasselbeck had a weak arm.

Joe Montanna had a weak arm.

Steve Young had an average arm.

etc etc.

Meanwhile...

Jamarcus Russell could throw the ball 70 yards from his knees! Oh boy!

Carson Palmer has a cannon!

Jay Cutler has a cannon.

Chad Henne has a cannon.

Vince Young has a cannon.

Kyle Boller... remember that guy? All they could talk about was the cannon he had.

Dante Cullpepper may have had the best arm in the league.

Michael Vick can throw the ball 70 yards.... so?

Again. Arm strength is the 40 yard dash for WRs. Sure... it MIGHT be important 1 or 2 plays a game. But that's about it... there are far better ways to measure a QB, and these traits are actually used every snap.

9. 24

24 Starter

None of those guys have/had weak arms, not to the extent of Pennington. You're delusional if you honestly believe that. Notice, I never once questioned Ponder's arm, just your notion that arm strength is overrated.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wish Duece and eric could just merge into one delusional poster. We would have to be irritated half as much.

Eric likes Lane Kiffins 5-15 record as an nfl coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar