Senator Arlen Specter has called Goodell before the Senate Judiciary Committee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Former Patriots video assistant hints at team's spying history

I'll tell you what it is. Goodell is helping the Patriots cheat to get them to 16-0 and beyond. It's all in an effort to drive up ad revenues and generate even more interest. Notice the NFL Network is All-Pats/All The Time? :yes: These are dark times we live in.
    i thought i would pass this along... Matt Walsh might know something. :suspect:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

2. Hard Hitter 53

Hard Hitter 53 Camp Fodder

Congress won't oversight sports outside of illegal use of controlled substances. It's not worth their time or taxpayers money.
    If it came out the Titans and other teams were found to be in the practice of taping as well, it would put a huge black eye on the league.
    Baseball was different Selig asked a former lawmaker to investigate it's illegal problem.

Politics and Sports don't mix.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

There better be a lifelong thing going on for Bill Belichick after this is all done. If Barry Bonds can be hated so much for "allegations" then so should he and any player who played under him.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. Goodell has executed his duties as NFL commisioner with little regard for due process.
    2. What is the rationale for destroying evidence if his purpose is "truth"? I agree with the supposition that he destroyed them because the Senate requested them for viewing and this was his way of "protecting the shield".
    3. It is about money and trust exemption. SIGNIFICANT money has changed hands inappropriately (illegally) if these super bowl runs/wins have occurred due to "manipulation".

Goodell needs to be held accountable for his decision. There is nothing in due process that validates destruction of evidence.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They called the Videographer during that superbowl, and he said, "I have no comment."

The Patriots are denying everything for the most part.

I think some answers are coming. And I'm glad. I don't really care that they did it, but don't lie about it, and take your punishment as it fits the crime. I just find it hard to believe they had only been doing this a couple of times, as opposed to over a series of years. It is just common sense. So I'm anxious to hear from the Patriots film crew and see what they have to say.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Let the fallout begin. lol. It will be the story all day, and already, we are getting some answers. I love how the Rams are reacting. Basically telling all. The Red Zone plays being taped. And I love the videographer who said the league never contacted him. He's got a story to tell. The question is will he be allowed to tell his story before the lawyers get involved.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm sure that the Patriots will claim that they only did it twice and were caught both times. Damn the luck!
    If the leaque does not put a stop to it, it will be pushed to its limits to see how much they can get away with. Then there's the, "they did it and nothing happened to them" story.
    How much attention would this have brought had the Carolina Panthers had done it?

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I predict with that superbowl loss a sh*t storm is about to rain down on them now :)
    Bad Karma me thinks

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I thought it was funny that Fox network shows the pregame film of Manning tossing to Plexico in the corner of the endzone ( they showed this after the game ), and the Rams are saying that they also ran red zone plays in pregame. It goes to show you, that all this talk about it doesn't help is nonsense, the Patriots wouldn't have done it if it didn't help. Karma is a biotch. And I love it.

10. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Goodell to meet with Specter

Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., plans to call NFL commissioner Roger Goodell promptly to discuss the Spygate controversy and suggested Sunday that Senate hearings could result from his investigation. ...more

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar