Senator Arlen Specter has called Goodell before the Senate Judiciary Committee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Because it's a possible antitrust violation.

2. Hard Hitter 53

Hard Hitter 53 Camp Fodder

Actually the antitrust issue is over the TV rights, not the tapes Specter's letters to Goodell were shown to bring up games that involved the Eagles, aside from waxing the tapes.
    Specter has been trying to repeal the antitrust law exemption for a few years now.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/07/AR2006120701608.html
    Half of his interest is being an Eagles fan and he thinks his team was wronged. The other half is him being in bed with Comcast.
    This screams jaded fan with the ability to use political power to attempt to right something he has no control over.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If there are tapes from the 2001 superbowl and more, it could be something more serious than a $750,000 fine.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Thanks for the link, Hard Hitter 53. (I'm not surprised the Post wasn't sympathetic to a position taken by Specter.) Bottom line, doesn't any group given the exemption subject itself to some Congressional oversight? While I'm not wild about Congress spending a lot of time on this issue, I think Goodell handled it poorly.

So if opening it up a little more will put some pressure on Goodell, I'm all for it.

5. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Something just does not seem right with this whole situation. I live in New england and I would personally love to see the real truth come out and have it wipe the stupid lil smirks off the pats fans.

At the same time...videotaping signals can only help you so far. You still have to execute the play. With that being said it is still cheating and how many plays have the patriots done over the years and we said "how the hell is that possible?"

Only time will tell and its about time to get the truth. Goodell better be ready for the possible S**T storm that could come.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Exactly. He is hoping the NFL will make some concessions to comcast with regards to the NFL network and/or sunday ticket. If that happens, this whole ordeal will be dropped. This is a political dog and pony show, nothing more, nothing less.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My whole thing has been, why was nobody interviewed, interrogated, or questioned. Are there not people in the know. Former players. Current players. Former coaches. Current coaches. The videographer. I mean there should have been a hundred interviews to get to the bottom of what really happened, and low and behold, the only thing that does happen is he burns the evidence. Are you kidding. And for no good reason. I mean the commishner brushed this baby under the rug and I hope he pays the price for it. I guess he really is interested in cleaning up the image of the NFL, but at what cost, the truth. I remember baseball did the same thing. They villified those they had to like Jose Canseco ( see Pac Man ), but hid the truth about those who they couldn't afford to... Mark McGwire ( see the New England Patriots ). The NFL should have known better. I want to know the whole truth about what happened. I don't want to here "It is what it is." Did they think talking to one person was all they needed to do. One person who has plenty of reason not to tell the whole story. Let's be serious here. Seek the whole story senator. Seek it and you will find it. Where is Mr. Mitchell now. Where is the Boston Red Sox fan this time. Hiding. Because this time it is his team. It is his city. I hope the Senator gets what common sense tells us is out there, more scandal, more video, and for heaven's sake, more testimony. If nothing else, I want people to answer questions who will feel some obligation to tell the truth.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats not what this is about. This is about money and business interests, and nothing more.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Then let's just hope it is the fallout. Cause that is what the fans want it to be about.

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar