Secondary frustrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigTitanFan

BigTitanFan Starter

What is scary about all of this, is that Goodall will really freakn have this game a two hand touch before you know it! If he takes away the legs, there will be no other body parts to hit! That is pretty scary shiat right there!

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Sounds like I was right for not wanting to watch the game. Sure. Bad calls. Did bad calls make you lose by 23 Pts??

Cry me a river. Such is the nfl in the past 5 years or so. Complaining does nothing. It will never get any better, so get over it, play like Michael griffin (wimpy) or find a real line of work. Because that is what it's coming to. Goodell has eliminated the kick returner position, essentially. He can easily make the headhunters blacklisted as well.
    It sucks, but a safety has no authority to be whining, or even commenting. Pollard is in goodell's league, not the other way around.

That's football in the modern era.

Insert "deal with it" graphic here.

Fans will whine, but they still watch, so nothing will change. NFL has been at an all time high in popularity. People still eat it up, even though the product is turning to poop. Players are shady people, games are less fun to watch.. Still making that money... I can see why the nfl says WGAF.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I didnt see the game today but if there were BS calls, I have no problems with our players saying something.

Its not just whining, its about accountability. Refs have been horrid across the league this year, right after getting their pay raises from holding out.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I get you guys with your uppity "Oh no! How dare anyone complain! Be a good sport!" and all that silly 1940's mindset stuff...

But if no one talks- nothing changes. And actually, things usually get worse.

Players NEED to call the NFL out on this garbage. It's killing the sport.

Peyton Manning is allowed to run illegal picks all game long... because he's Peyton Manning? Hell, any QB could get 5 TD passes if allowed to do that all game long.

Stop being cowards. If blame is warranted, it's warranted. Pride and keeping quiet while pretending defenders aren't getting screwed is how you get in mess like this.

• High Five High Five x 9
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Regardless of the score, we got screwed and it was obvious. I mean that pick play that got Welker wide open for a td was the most obvious of the terrible calls, but there were so many others. It's just strange that they get away with an illegal screen like that and when they go to try it again and our player doesn't allow it we get flagged. Isn't it also strange that verner gets wrongly accused of a pass interference on 3rd down, but the next play he guards the guy the exact same way and doesn't get called for it?

I'm not saying the refs were the reason why we lost, but they sure as hell had a lot to do with it. I mean when u play a team like Denver u already have to play perfect and when the refs are throwing flags at the most opportune moments for the Broncos you ain't going to win.

I got pollards back all day. Yet another example of how rigged the nfl truly is.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

refs made some terrible calls yesterday but that is not an excuse as to why we gave up 51 points and we were outscored from 2:00mins in the first half to the end of the game 41-7. This is how the refs call the game these days and we need to adjust but no one has addressed this with our secondary yet we sit here and see our players complaining. Complain all you want but the nfl runs this league and they will make those same dam terrible calls next week if we make those plays again. Adjustments?? Our coaching staff doesn't seem to believe in that.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The personal foul on Pollard's 101 clean hit on Decker was a disgrace to football.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. Our franchise has always been recalcitrant to adopt current trends in style of play AND has never been innovative in adapting to new rules. That is a major source of my frustration. I'm hoping a relatively young new HC with no past ties to Bud/Oilers/Titans will come in and change that culture.

(Well now I think about it it's just been since the Titans because of Run and a Shoot and 46 D)

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You know what happens when you complain about justified bad calls in a game like this? You get laughed at, no matter how right you are.

10. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Current refereeing standards are worse than I can ever remember ( around 35 years ). The whole game is now no better in certain instances than flag football.
    Once again , as far as I can ever remember , Manning has had refs kiss his pooter for years during games and anyone who denies this must be utterly deluded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar