Secondary frustrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Should've drafted Lotulelei instead of Warmack. While he's no one-man wrecking crew, the combo of him and Casey would be pretty formidable.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe. We may just need a DL coach with better talent than Tracy Rocker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

He still our dline coach?

4. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

A lot of the calls are right, its the rules that are put in place to begin with that are wrong. Also, the pressure put on the refs to have a hair trigger for penalties is wrong. Let there be contact in this contact sport. Don't have a career in a contact sport if you are not able to cope with the risk of the job. Same goes for all jobs, dont work in construction if you cant cope with manual labor, bad weather, and dangerous accidents.

Also, I think they should let the players push and shove all they want to as long as helmets dont come off.. lets them blow off steam and even though it may sound foreign to us, letting the players blow off steam makes the game safer.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is part of their job to talk about what happened on the field.

I hate it when fans are critical of a player's comments after a loss. There is absolutely no comment that is going to satisfy the fans.

6. BigTitanFan

BigTitanFan Starter

The DBs should be pi**ed! That call with Pollard was such a BS call, and it's going to probably get worse in the future. The NFL is looking at it as " they can make these changes and get away with it because of the loyalty of football fans and the past generations passing football down to their grandchildren" and so on. The fact of the matter is, the more changes that are being installed into the game today, are putting the game of football in jeopardy! Look, I love football with all my heart, and I watch it faithfully Fridays ( highschool), Saturdays ( College), and Sundays ( Pro), but these added penalties, the roughing the quarterback penalties ( when barely touching their helmet with your hand), these hits on a defenseless receiver penalties ( like the Pollard hit today) are IMO ruining everything this game has stood for. I understand that as a popular sport, sometimes the game evolves to make it better, but the new penalties installed make me sick, and I truly feel for defensive backs. Take the defense off of the field then! I would rather watch a pass be caught without a CB or Safety being in the way! Let the offense just throw to the open man and score on every play! Might as well, that is where the league is turning into. These changes have been key penalties in a lot of games and have cost multiple teams a win! I'm sure the Titans will receive a " I'm sorry letter" from the NFL about it being a legal hit with Pollard! I probably went off into another thread, but I just can't stand some of the new rules!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. BigTitanFan

BigTitanFan Starter

Oh and I know this penalty had nothing to do with us losing today lol, but just got me heated.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You can talk about what happened on the field without whining and crying about "them no good unfair refs". It just makes you look like a sore loser IMO. Again, there are bad/missed calls that go both ways in just about EVERY game. People always want to focus on the ones that didn't go their way while completely ignoring the ones that did.

FWIW I don't really have a problem with Pollard saying the personal foul he got for the hit on Decker was bogus. I'm just saying no one should be acting as if the refs even remotely decided this game. I guess I'm just sick of the "blame the refs" stuff, particularly from fans. E.G. In both of our losses to Indy the gameday threads were filled with countless comments about how the fix was in and the refs were just trying to ensure the Colts made the playoffs. But it's funny how the refs only help out the Colts when they're playing the Titans. Seeing as Indy can't beat anyone other than us lately.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I've been as hard on pollard as anyone for his personal foul penalties, but the one today was bogus. It's gotten to the point of the defender having no choice but to go low, until that's outlawed too.

Gronkowski tore his ACL today on a low hit and Dustin Keller's knee exploded earlier in the year. It's just a matter of time.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I give it 10 years and all defenders will be rolling around in these things. Games are just offensive shootouts to see who is better at dodging the big plastic ball people.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar