second procedure for Britt?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

ahhh.. here's the negativity on this board that i've come to know... really too much doom and gloom...

Morgan is not Britt... especially skill-wise... Britt has shown us what he has... Morgan hasn't really.. so it's a bit hard to tell if he really lost "it" at all due to the ACL injury.. all speculation on what he could've been

surgery or not... im still positive that britt will return to what he was before... however, i'll still cringe every time he gets tackled on the knees...

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Morgan was coming off an injury last year, didn't get a full off-season, had brand new coaches and scheme, was banged up for a lot of the season, and still finished pretty strong as far as QB pressures.

I have a feeling that he is going to have a great year. Britt will have his best season thus far.

...and people on this forum will still complain about both of them.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I think Britt will be fine. I agree with others in that if he does need another surgery, he should have it ASAP and start the path if getting back to 100% now, and not wait to find out he needs it anyway around Training Camp time.

I want Britt to have his Breakout year, and for once make it all 16 games without injury. It does seem like we can't seem to get a WR that doesnt get hurt. Although Nate Washington seems to have make it through ok.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't think people are complaining ABOUT them per se. But you gotta admit, our first round picks seem to be cursed by god.

Pac Man?
    VY?
    Britt?
    Morgan?

And that's not even getting into the horror show we call the second round.

Quite frankly, its amazing this team has been as competitive as it has with the crap luck at the top of the draft.

Anyway, the complaining is just frustration. We just want to see these guys live up to what we know they have.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think that he and the team need to do what's best for him long-term. Sure we all want him to be out there week 1 but we also don't want him to rush back too soon. Having that Kendall Wright insurance is gonna be a lifesaver. Nate, Kendall and Damian should get us along just fine until he can come back. For the first time in a long time, maybe even ever, we are very strong at the WR group. And that's with our #1 guy out.

As for our 1st rounders and WRs in general being cursed I don't buy it. It's just sh!++y luck that stuff like that happens. Sure Yancey, Givens, Pacman, Vince and Morgan have all disappointed but CJ, Griffin and Nate seem to have worked out just fine.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

you....hush.... Locker is the next one after Morgan.. lets hope NOTHING HAPPENS TO HIM

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'm hoping the curse left with the old regime.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2nd surgery isn't something to be alarmed by but it will set his schedule back about a month. He won't be in the starting lineup in the first game.

My biggest concern is how Britt is so injury prone. Sometimes guys are prone to back or hammy problems coming off a knee because they stride a little different. The guy just can't seem to stay healthy which is why taking a WR was a good idea in rd 1.

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I don't think our 1st round picks have a curse. While those listed above had randomly had problems. What about Griffin, CJ, & Locker. While Locker is too soon to call. No one can say CJ is cursed. Had a bad year for many reasons last year, but first two seasons were $, and Griffin has been to Pro Bowl and consistently been a starter since Rookie yr.

Its all random. While Pac Man didnt workout, Cortland sure did just a few years later and was a steal out of the 7th round.

10. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I have had 3 ACL reconstruction in the right knee, and EVERY TIME I did, I had to go back just to go in and clean out any excessive scar tissue, and any thing that would of been developed from the working out, it's a way to heal and get going faster in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar