Second City Blues

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Old Oiler Fan, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Second City Blues: What Should the Titans Do With Their No. 2 Pick? «

I'm curious if there has been any comments about this article I found on ESPN. The article makes the following points:

1. Its a miracle that Webster hasn't been fired because of the horrible roster he has put together.
    2. The criticisms of Mariota are ridiculous because he is going to be an excellent quarterback.
    3. Whiz is too inflexible and impatient to successfully develop Mariota. Whiz is better suited at developing late round gunslingers.

Because of these things, the author says the Titans best option is to trade the pick for extra picks. I hope somehow Whiz proves them wrong and takes Mariota. Maybe its time for Whiz to redefine himself.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Someone shared that link a day or two ago, solid read if you've been MIA since our last game, but then the article talks about us adding Manziel in part of the trade, so good read ruined by a terrible ending...

3. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Yeah it is a good read. that would be funny if manziel ended up here.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Funny how? Would be freaking terrible.

If we traded for Manziel, I would NEVER be able to stand up for Ruston Webster again, at that point he'd be dead to me..

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

The article says Manziel would just be a throw in so that Cleveland could clean their hands of him. Plus he would be a distraction to Mariotas development. If Manziel came here he would be the backup to Mett at best.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He would be devastated.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If by backup you mean bartender aspiring to take over daddy's business, I would agree.

When I look at Manziel I see Doug Flutie with a punk attitude and no heart....and Doug Flutie (with heart) was an average QB in the NFL.

I think his remaining career in the NFL may be counted in months, not years. But hey, maybe the rehab helped him out...time will tell I guess.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

One trade/move I would love but is pretty much impossible since the players I want probably won't be there.

Get the browns two firsts and a second+. Draft 2 WR out of Kevin White/Amari Cooper/Devante Parker/Beckham-Green. Draft Gurley or Gordon. Take an OT.

12: White, Cooper or Parker, I think one will be left here.
    19: Gurley or Gordon both hopefully available.
    33: Beckham-Green
    43: OT

Give those receivers to Mett he will be Top 10 if not able to reach Top 5 with these guys getting old. Metts style is perfect to pair with two of those receivers on the outside and Wright in the slot. We would have a filthy intermediate and deep game much like what Rogers had going in Greenbay for a bit.

9. CheeseheadTitan

Pipe dream, but a good one LOL.....so I will play.

I would reverse 19 and 33. My gut is that the likelihood that Gurley or Gordon are still around at 33 is higher than Beckham-Green, so I would take BG at 19 and a RB at 33.

10. CheeseheadTitan

LOL....Pat Kirwin on NFL Radio just predicted this trade in the mock draft. However, Jim Miller predicted that TB took LW and that the Titans passed on Winston to take the deal LOL. Then, the Browns took Mariota.

Man, whatever those guys are smoking today should be piped out to listeners LOL.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar