SEC SEC SEC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why argue with a dolt whon doesn't even know his own team? He said Michigan was without 2 of their best players but one of those not playing was a backup DE.

Anybody who watched that game knows that even Jim Brown or Earl Campbell in their primes were not going to gain any yardage the backs were hit before they even reached the line.

Read his logic about how the SEC is top heavy but not the best conference. Now that Texas A&M is in the sec west they will play Alabama-LSU-Arkansas-Auburn every year plus a team like Florida, Tennessee or Georgia. In what other conference do you play a schedule like that?

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Uh... I wouldn't list Auburn with Bama, LSU, and Arky.

Auburn will be lucky to beat LA Monroe next week. They should see if they can outbid the Panthers to get ole' Scam Cam back (of course, even with Scammy, they still needed an obscene amount of luck).

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

OK, maybe you can list Auburn with Arky after last night.

Yeeouch.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

LOL so if a team like Tennessee beat arkansas, they'd be ranked... Will ULM be ranked? Doubtful. This is how the SEC works... Overrate all of their teams in the preseason poll and let all of the bottom feeders wh0r3 off of the overranked teams preseason ranking and that will get a team like UTjr into the polls, only for them to lose to teams in the SEC that shouldn't be ranked... Who will then be ranked.

I don't think they should release rankings until the 3-4th week of the season

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why should USC have been #1 the first week when they weren't even in a bowl game? [even if they weren't suspended they were still trash] It goes for the whole league, not just the SEC. And I didn't realize the SEC was responsible for the preseason rankings of every conference.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. World Peace

i agree with you. USC has done nothing to earn #1 except willing accept a ton of ESPN hype. USC is NOWHERE CLOSE to the best team in the nation and probably isn't even in the top 10. They will lose 1-2 games this season and you can't to a NC game with 1-2 losses in the PAC12

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I agree that the pre-season rankings are stupid. You don't get a feel for where teams are until at least Week 4, and sometimes not even by then.

As for ULM's lack of rank, ULM beat Arky without Arky's starting QB playing, so how much can you really credit them? I mean, it's crazy impressive, but if Wilson had played I doubt ULM would have won.

Will be pretty awesome if they beat Auburn though, which, if I was a betting man, I'd bet money on it.

8. World Peace

Preseason rankings are a sham. Lets look at the current AP rankings...
    1 Alabama (48) 2-0 1486
    2 USC (8) 2-0 1414
    3 LSU (4) 2-0 1404
    4 Oregon 2-0 1299
    5 Oklahoma 2-0 1160
    5 Florida State 2-0 1160
    7 Georgia 2-0 1155
    8 South Carolina 2-0 1025
    9 West Virginia 1-0 1017
    10 Michigan State 2-0 995
    11 Clemson 2-0 868
    12 Ohio State 2-0 772
    13 Virginia Tech 2-0 734
    14 Texas 2-0 716
    15 Kansas State 2-0 714
    16 TCU 1-0 542
    17 Michigan 1-1 429
    18 Florida 2-0 427
    19 Louisville 2-0 316
    20 Notre Dame 2-0 310
    21 Stanford 2-0 260
    22 UCLA 2-0 250
    23 Tennessee 2-0 177
    24 Arizona 2-0 149
    25 Brigham Young 2-0 110

UTjr #23?!?!?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL so beating Georgia State and a team from the worst major football conference in America makes your worthy of being ranked?

Florida? 18? But when they beat UTjr... That will somehow bolster their ranking so that they can be a top 12 team? UTjr doesn't deserve to be in top 25. Honestly, Michigan doesn't pass the eyeball test and they dont belong in the top 25.

Texas at 14? That's a joke. They've done nothing to deserve to be ranked.

Georgia at 8? Another team in the top 8 that shouldn't even be in the top 25. However they will go and lose to a team like USCjr and the cocks will peck them away by atleast 2tds.... then peolpe will be like SEC but... its just another overranked team that shoulnd't be there. Georgia willl lose to a team like UTjr or Ole Miss and they will somehow ride up into the rankings. It's just a ladder who#ing system that keeps all of the mediocre teams ranked to make your whole conference look good. If they werent ranked highly preseason.. they wouldnt end up all being ranked duing the season

Bama is legit and LSU is a top 5 team but I still think are going to be tested and could lose 2 or more games this year. This is bamas national championship to lose.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

While I certainly agree with your point, I have to ask: Who would rank higher than the teams you disagree with?

I mean, I agree, by season's end Tenn won't be ranked and I doubt Florida will either. Who knows where Georgia and SC wind up. But who would you replace them with?

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Really... all that needs to be said about these rankings is Michigan #17, Notre Dame #20.

Vanderbilt could honestly pound both of these teams, and yet whichever one squeaks out of what I'm sure will be a ungly mistake infested game will find themselves in the championship talk.

Michigan and Notre Dame; honestly, the two most pathetic teams of last week, and are f'king glorified by some reverse discrimination BS against the SEC.

Can't put 8 SEC teams in the top 25; too obvious.

But everyone knows that there are 8 teams in the SEC that are top 25 teams in the country. Including the top 2.... again.

PS. Don't sleep on Tennessee. I'll grant you those wins don't mean much, but they have a top 10 pick in Hunter, a first rounder in Patterson, and a 1-2 rounder in Bray.

One of the best offenses in the country when they can run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar