SEC has college footballs supreme teams

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

From top to bottom, the SEC might be the best conference. But nobody cares about top to bottom when trying to determine which conference is best. I mean, other than SEC fans.
    And my bias for the Pac 10? If I had one, and it was due to a beating Michigan received, I supposed I would be hyping the Big 10 itself, eh?
    Pac 10 just has the best teams by conference this year. Pretty easy to determine.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You're wrong about that too, just read the link in post #1 of this thread to see the truth. :)

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one cares about which conference is best top to bottom? I really can't take that argument seriously. Maybe you like have 3-4 blowout games a year, just to cushion your team. I enjoy having a season where pretty much every conference game can go either way, and no one knows how it's going to come out.

4. Deuce Wayne

Just like the NFC? Now those guys are best! Their records are all bad just because they beat up on each other all year, you never know who's going to win. Solid from top to bottom!

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Michigan was in the SEC they would be somewhere between Auburn and Alabama (probably get beat by LSU, Arkansas, Miss State, KY, GA, FL, UT and maybe Vandy) and not the 2nd best team in the Big Ten. I agree the Pac 10 might be the best conference this year based on Cals beating of TN (of course Florida did the same thing to TN) and Oregan's complete beating of Michigan (although we know now that wasn't that big of a deal). However, next year the SEC will still be just as good and the next and the next and the next (didn't the great USC get beat by Standford?).

I bet Florida could play any team in the country in a championship game this year and they would win.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I bet if you took Florida, GA or LSU in an 8 team playoff against the 5 best remaining teams in the country an SEC team would prevail on top and possibly two SEC teams would be playing each other in the championship game.

7. Deuce Wayne

Highly doubtful. USC would kill any of those teams, especially LSU. Mizzou would give any of them fits, and they're all too slow to keep up. Oregon with Dixon would beat either. Those teams are on par with Oklahoma. They're not top 3 caliber this season.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

you should do stand up

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat is right pretty simple..

Yeah because the sec has 5 teams in the top 25 and the pac 10 just 3. How more simple can it be than that?

How could anyone brag about the pac 10 when arizona state is your second highest ranked team? LSU, georgia and florida would blow arizona state out! Mighty oregon is only ranked 17th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Confused?

Mizzou is not a pac 10 team. But they are #1 in the nation..

LSU slow? SEC teams slow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar