Season over, Schwartz to meet Detroit's Ford

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Detroit appears to be focusing on defense, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3825994" target="_blank">is reporting</a> that Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz will meet with Lions owner William Clay Ford Monday.</p> <p>While the Titans were off during the Wild Card round of the playoffs, Schwartz interviewed for the job that opened when Rod Marinelli was let go after the first 0-16 season in NFL history.</p> <p>But he did not meet with Ford then and, after the Titans bowed out of the postseason with a Saturday loss to Baltimore, is now available to talk more.</p> <p>It's unclear if Schwartz is in the mix for any other open jobs.</p> <p>If he leaves the Titans, Jeff Fisher is expected to pick his replacement from a list of three: Titans linebacker coach Dave McGinnis, Titans secondary coach Chuck Cecil and former Titans coordinator Gregg Williams.</p>

More...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Go Jimbelina!

nothing but good could come of this!

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Amen to that

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

:jumpropeb:beer2::beerbang:

5. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Gregg
    Williams

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bet he drives a Hunydai to the meeting

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well. I don't know quite what to think. He did deliver a good defense. I've always been in favor of a more agressive defense myself. But over the last two years, I cannot complain. They were damn good. So I don't really want to shake that up. We've played well with some of the more high powered offenses.

As far as his career goes. I actually think Detroit is in good position. They have a great WR. A decent rb. And if they can add a qb, they might actually be decent on offense. And he's proven he can put together a defense. Detroit may have a good thing going here. And for sure, it can't get any worse.

I think though, we better be careful what we wish for. There could be some players who like playing for him too, though I have no idea. So I don't mess with what we've got here. I hope he stays.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i just bought a Hunydai Sonata , that car is a underdog! dont be hating.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar