Search for Titans GM Heating Up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The interview process to find the next Titans GM appears to be moving faster as the team has interviewed two of their own yesterday. Rich Snead, the Titans director of player personnel, and Mike Ackerley, the team's director of college scouting interviewed yesterday. Today the Titans will interview Packers Director of Pro Personnel Reggie McKenzie and Seahawks Vice President/Player Personnel Ruston Webster. On Monday, Jaguars Director of Pro Personnel Charles Bailey is scheduled to interview. It is uncertain as to whether Dolphins GM Randy Mueller will interview for the position.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Interesting we interviewed two inside guys. I am not sure I would want an inside guy, especially if they learned from Reese.

I would prefer someone with experience.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I wouldn't mind an inside guy as long as they're willing to work with Fisher to get him players he likes. As for the Reese influence, I don't think it would make much difference. It really comes down to getting good players and keeping them as long as you can. You bring in a guy who makes a couple good draft picks and everyone will be calling him a genious.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't really care who has the job. Honestly. Because group think of GM's sets in at some point anyway, but I prefer someone who has scouted defense. As we need that most.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I would prefer they bring in a guy who's strength is personel as opposed to a guy who's mostly a financial guy.....how's he gonna decide who we go after in free agency?

I think they should interview Phil Savage of the Ravens (who've had top notch drafts) or try to hire Scot Pioli away from the Patriots (an extreme long shot).

Most importantly, someone with a good eye for talent, understands the salary cap game, demands accountability from players and coaches alike, and can convince Adams to use the Patriots paradigm of building and maintaining a Super Bowl caliber team over a decade instead of maxing talent for a 2-4 year window followed by a dismantling of the team and a 4 year rebuilding project.

Gut

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gunny, I'm gonna call you on that.

smells like smack Gunny-nator.

[​IMG]

Learned from Reese? Defend that. That sounds like total bs.

Because of Woolfolk? C'mon, you are going to have to do way better than that. I'll bet you right now the Giants win the NFC within 5 years. I'll do you one better. Once the Titans win the AFC the Giants will be waiting in the the SB for us. I'm serious dude (not about a wager) but... make me a believer with that weak dingo assertion. Doesn't hold water man.

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I want Phil Savage

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, give me a guy who is a good judge of caliber
    a guy who can recognize players abilities as they relate to our scheme

not sure it matters if it's a guy named Savage or a guy name Snead

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not because of Woolfolk, because of many busts he has drafted lately.

Because he took 'athletes' not players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar