Sean Peyton Embodies The Modern Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I completely disagree. Peyton Manning lost this game and if Peyton hadn't have F'd up, then the title of this post would be "Peyton Manning Embodies the Modern Quarterback"

2. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Definitely not enough said.. What? Are you are afraid to call out our pathetic "play it close to the vest" balless gutless over rated moron of a bum coach in Fisher? Go ahead, i got you back.. call out the sucker!

that right there was a great game called by a coach who plays to win the game.

A man who plays to his actual team's strength instead of their weakness..(Fisher probably would have run bush 3 times and out every other play..)

OH and guess what folks, the saints played great defense holding the colts to a mere 17 points. (only 7 after the first quarter) being coached by Greg Williams who apparently is the third cousin of hitler because he had the audacity to demand to coach the titans with his son on the payroll...

MEan while we are stuck with some bozo buffoon whose greatest achievement thus far is holding the Patriots just under 60 points when we played them..(any body remember that beating the Saints laid on that same panzy team?)

After this embarrassing failure of a season, the one thing that brings a smile to my face is watching Manning lose yet another superbowl...

hahahahah:evil:

It was great watching him on the side lines cussin up storm

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

This has nothing to do with Fisher. It's about Sean Peyton, I'm giving him credit. You don't have to hate everytime you type. I've made my opinion of Fisher loud and clear. You can check the Fisher threads if you want to see it.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The only time Fisher takes gambles is when it's useless.

Sure he had the game vs the Colts where he started it with however many onside kicks, but the reason- "we had nothing to lose".
    And then the fake punt this preseason. Preseason... hooray.

What the best thing was- Sean Peyton heard over and over how "great" Manning is against the blitz, and how he gets the ball out too quick to be affected by it. He knew as we do- IF you get to him, he's going to be as average as any QB because he's simply not a good QB when the pocket collapses.... so he blitzed and never gave up doing so even when Manning would beat them.

I've always hated Jeff Fisher's "You're just not going to get to him when you blitz, so we didn't try it" approach.

5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

calm down brother.. wasnt calling you out.. was just saying, if you had wanted to throw a little dirt fisher's way i got your back.. thats all.

One cant help but notice the difference in coaching styles, one cant help but think about the road the saints took to win the big one by actually taking a chance on a young coach. and look how that turned out for them.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

My bad man. I just have a sour taste in my mouth because the current Championship formula is the opposite of the Titans formula, *** for tat.

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

It almost worked in the 2nd Texans game this year but I think it got flagged back didn't it?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The onside kick was gutsy but if the Colts recover, we're talking about how much an idiot the guy is for trying it down by only four.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Do you really trust Ryan Mouton or Nick Harper to win a one on one against any of Indys receivers, if Manning happens to get the ball off? You have to remember that almost every player on NO's defense is probowl worthy. Ours, not so much.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I loved that call... but only because it wasn't my team making it.

I did like the 4th down call before the half. Kicking a FG there does nothing - you get 3 and then kickoff to the Colts with enough time to essentially guarantee a FG. If you pick up the TD, awesome. If you don't the Colts are on their 2 and forced to run the ball to make room. Fisher would have taken the FG, I think. Going for it is gutsy, but still smart. The onside kick was just gutsy and crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar