Seahawks open to trade Sherman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Florio this morning said he could see the Titans trading 18 for Sherman on draft day.

I would not want to do that at all. I would still be all for trading down from the 5 spot to 26 for Sherman if we aren't able to find any other trading partner to move from the 5 spot

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I really hope we don't trade for this loudmouth, especially give up the 5 for him.
    I'd rather trade 18 for Butler if trading for a CB.
    My first choice is to draft a CB.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I do not want to trade one of our 1st rnders for a vet player with an expensive contract.

I do want us to turn our 2 first rnd picks into at least 3 impact players. Either by moving back for another pick in the draft or moving back to acquire a vet and still having 2 1st rnd picks.

My first choice would be to try to get a QB needy team to give up the farm to move to 5 and get their guy. If that doesn't happen then I'd rather trade for Sherman and the Hawks #26 than pick at the #5 spot. I just really don't like the value this yr at #5.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, it makes more sense to trade for Butler over Sherman because Butler is younger and will be starting a new contract, not playing his last 2 years of one. Both teams see these players as expendable but Seahawks really want Sherman out. His antics in the press and on the sideline are too much for them and knock his value down.

I would be livid if we traded the 18th pick for Sherman. A 29yr cb with two years left and a big mouth is not worth a mid 1st round pick. Abetter option would be to swap 18 for 26 and give them our late 3rd round pick. That gives them the value of a late 2nd round pick which is as much value as Id be willing to give up. Plus, we'd still have 2 first round picks. Even with this it's a big gamble.

Other option would be to trade way back with that 18th pick to say - for example - with the Steelers at 30 and get pick 62 (a late 2nd). Then trade pick 30 to the Pats for Butler. Essentially you give up pick 18 for a late 2nd and Butler. Not a bad deal!

Sherman or Butler straight up for pick 18? Pass. Speculation is the Saints will give the Pats their first round pick back (pick 32) for Butler. I wonder if thats because the Saints wanna see who's available first or if the Pats do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't see the point in trading pick 18 for a vet...Sherman or Butler. It'd be one thing if we made it to the AFC Championship game and we needed Sherman to get us to the SB and to win it, but we aren't there.

Is Sherman and Butler better than any cb we could take at 18 right now? Probably. But a guy we take at 18 might become as good or better and we have him for 10+ years!

Butler only becomes possibly worth it if we retain a high pick and the difference between him and what's available becomes much bigger (like at the end of round 1).

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

J Rob ain't giving up a 1st for Sherman . Most he'd do is move down.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Agreed, give me Butler over Sherman, but nothing more than the 18th pick.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Richard Sherman was average as hell without Earl Thomas. He got away with more holding and PI than any corner in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar