SD Chargers move to LA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I was under the impression that the team was owned by shareholders. And that there was someone who owns a majority and can do as they please.

I think it would be cool if like the city or state government just bought the damn team. Collect the revenues. Make it a part of city parks.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As far as I know the "shareholders" of the Packers don't actually own diddly squat and the team is in fact owned by the town more or less.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The rebranding of the Titans certainly helped increase turnout at first when the stadium opened....but a large part was also the gigantic pain in the a$$ to make the road trip from middle tn to memphis the first year...GoT and I would do it every game.....basically turned into a 15 hour day by the time you woke up, drove to memphis, parked, watched the game, drove home. Then another year of purgatory at vandy in that piece of crap stadium....helped a lot the the Oilers/Titans got really good at the same time the team rebranded and moved into the new crib....perfect storm.

4. Big TT

Yeah that shareholder thing is a pr stunt.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The Packers are the only community-owned franchise in American professional sports.[9][31][32] Rather than being the property of an individual, partnership, or corporate entity, they are held in 2014 by 360,584 stockholders. No one is allowed to hold more than 200,000 shares;[4]approximately 4% of the 5,011,557 shares[33] currently outstanding. It is this broad-based community support and non-profit structure[34] which has kept the team in Green Bay for nearly a century in spite of being the smallest market in all of North American professional sports.

Not a bad way to do it. Would much prefer that to some fox hunting heiress who has nothing to do with our city.

Wonder if the shares ever pay dividends?

6. Big TT

Money for nothing...
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mits-packers-ability-to-sell-non-stock-stock/

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

8. Big TT

Don't know...best I can tell is the money is spent on "upgrades" and such..also, from what I tell they donate to charity.....info and details are sort of thin....what is apparent is the stock "owners" don't get any of the profit....

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The NFL does duh, why else allow them in the league... packers are subjected to the CBA same as we are, everything goes thru the league and back out to 32 equal ways

10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Money and greed is at work here. But I agree with the poster above. Were the Lambs selling out at the end of the season? The fan base there is too fickle and they way too much to do to think they are going to sell out their stadium week in and week out.

Bottom line, LA needed to walk before they ran and I'm not sure they were completely walking yet with the Rams. Winning and probably a new stadium was going to be required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar