SD Chargers move to LA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...comes-to-fans/ar-AAlMDDo?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Reading this article I see that in general owners don't care about their fans and the league as a whole (Goodell) doesn't care about the fans of specific cities either.

My question is, if people were to refuse purchasing the seat licenses (highly doubtful) would that be enough to put some power back into the fans hands when it comes to teams relocating?

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

LA barely supports the Rams, why would any owner think they can support 2 teams

Saskatchewan Chargers 2020

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The answer is no

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Don't matter

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

So a very interesting question is: "Should they re-brand?"

Since we are one of the few teams in the NFL to ever move, and then re-brand I feel like our fan base probably has the best view point of anyone on this.

I see a lot of Pro's and Con's to it. The Chargers have been a **** team for most of their existence and leaving behind all that bad karma/memories could be good. I feel like the Titans were able to take hold of their new identity, and no one really thinks of us as the Oiler's anymore, it's just part of our history.

But the drawback is that we went to the SB very early in our stay in Tennessee and that cemented the team and name in the area. If that doesn't happen to the Chargers - and I don't see why it would, the team isn't anywhere near a SB run - then they might end up making things even worse: burning of any nostalgia and name cache for a crap name/design in a city that doesn't care about you.

6. HurrayTitans!

Because people are still going to buy the seat license or is that an irrelevant part of this?

7. HurrayTitans!

Bottom line, I say no to the rebrand. It made sense for the "oilers" in Tennessee to rebrand, but "Chargers" isn't something specific to SD.
    It also muddies the water IF another team were to move to SD later similar to the Texans trying to steal the Oilers history from our franchise. If we were still called the Oilers, I don't think Houston could cherry pick a history they don't have.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Nope. They're moving like an hour or two away. I understand the Oilers name change, there's not a lot of oil here.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Based on the fact that the "LA Chargers" were once a real thing, I wouldn't re-brand the team. I mean whats better than the LA Chargers in bright lights? IMO sticking with the Charger name is better than anything they could come up with..

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do the Ravens consider the 1995 Browns as part of "their" history?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar