Scrub game poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 20, 2008.

?

Would you support a Titans scrub team?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2008.
  1. Yes. And pay 100% of the 2010 ticket face value!

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Yes. But only at 75% of the 2010 ticket face value.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Yes. But only at 50% of the 2010 ticket face value.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Yes. But only at 25% of the 2010 ticket face value.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. But I would not pay to see a Titans scrub team.

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  6. No. I would not go even if it were free!

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hmm generally I will support the league and owners above the players in most situations.

Really though, why wouldn't I go? Who knows, the strike team may be the best of the strike teams. Plus it's a good way to have some fun on a Sunday afternoon. And I wouldn't have a problem paying full price for one strike season.

BUT... if somehow a rival league popped up and the best players started playing in that league and it overtook the NFL as the most popular pro football league... then I would reconsider my position.

Basically, paying full price for one strike season would be ok with me, but I wouldn't do it indefinately.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm a loyal fan of the NFL, I'm not going to jump on the wagon of a new upstart league, and I'm sure as hell not going to pay top dollar to watch anything other than the top players play in the NFL. If they offered 1 dollar beer at games, maybe, but no, it's not worth my time and effort.
    I might watch a few miniutes of it on TV, but I'm not paying to see anything other than the best players in the NFL.

Both sides need to get control of their greed and stop trying to kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

While reading Hoffas reply, another thought came to mind, what about all the high dollar TV rights to air the games? Would these circus' be televised?

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'll gladly support the league over the players. It's true that football is a tough profession on your life, and they deserve to be well compensated, but there are reasonable things that can get worked out. I don't mind watching the best players that are willing to play play.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

covering ears, closing eyes and making nonsense noises while shaking head...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar