Screen game.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Do you guys think we address the screen game this year? This is something I think we need to address in order to take tons of pressure off Locker and put CJ in position to make big plays.

Our screen game has been atrocious and calling it that is being nice.

We have the deadliest RB in the NFL in open space, but yet a RB screen seems to be a wasted play these days.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well I certainly think we have better blocking. Delanie Walker can line up anywhere and block down the field, our Guards can pull pretty well, and we have some solid blocking WR's including the new guy Kevin Walter. I guess it really comes down to if Locker can get the ball to CJ and if he does can CJ catch it?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hopefully CJ learns how to catch this offseason. He had plenty of opportunities to gain tons of yardage on dysfunctional screen passes, only to drop the easy pass.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah seems like whenever I saw a screen pass either 1. Ball never got to the RB/WR 2. drop or 3. play was never set up properly and either gained 0 or lost yards

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just not having Hutchinson and Harris anymore will go a long ways, I think those 2 were really holding us back.

they played most of 2012 lazy and weak. we're already better because of their abscence.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I always get kinda pissed when teams run screens against us, especially bubble screens. The play seems like it is very simple to run, it's cheap, and hard to stop. But then again, we have some great players to run some screens with, in Johnson and Wright. Hopefully the revamped offensive line will also help us in the screen department.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Our screens are always so obvious and nobody blocks that side of the field. The guy the screen is supposed to go to has 3 guys about to level him when the ball is in the air. I can't understand how we can't run a single screen successfully. I think I only saw a few work and they went to Wright. They only worked because he made some nice moves and got 5-10 yards.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have been waiting for this. Would love to see them team do more to get :cj: out in space. It would probably work better going to the left. Roos and Levitre would be better to putt out in front than Warmack and Big Country.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

slip screen and bubble screen and check-downs to CJ in the middle. That chit SHOULD work with Delanie Walker on board.

I know everybody keeps saying this year depends on Locker, but I really think this depends on Bruce Matthews ability to get our OL to re-establish some dominance.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Our team made screens look like utter rocket science. Whether it was a bubble to Wright, or out of the backfield with CJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar