ScotTitan's Mock 4/13/11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Here we go
    Titans trades (#8) to the Eagles for (#23),(#54) and (#85)
    Eagles select Prince Amukamara as they desire a top CB. They will also trade Kolb for some nice draft picks if there is a CBA agreement, therefore could afford to move up into the top 10. They could also move up for Quinn.
    Titans seek to move down; as I believe they have a strong interest in Locker and know they can pick him up in the late 1st. The Eagles offer is too attractive for a team with the holes we have.

1st Round-
    Pick 23-Jake Locker – QB – Washington
    I think he’s the one we want.
    2nd round-
    Pick 39-Stephen Paea-DT-Oregon State
    Strength and Power. Starter from day one. If Gone I would take Carter here then Austin at 54.
    Pick 54-Bruce Carter-OLB-UNC
    Great size, and fits our needs at LB with long, big arms and is a nasty tackler.
    3rd Round
    Pick 77-Will Rackley-OG-Lehigh
    Unbeatable in his division, very mobile and can go to the next level, potentially could start at LG.
    Pick 85-DeAndre McDaniel-SS-Clemson
    I don’t love this pick. Hope is not getting 6.5m from us. Take a decent SS and let McDaniel,Rolle,Johnson fight it out. He has quick reactions and hits and tackles strongly.
    4th Round
    Pick 109-John Moffitt-C-Wisconsin
    Love this pick. Seems like a cool guy when he is not eating boogers. Strong in run plays, smart, leader and comes out of a pro-style offense. Hope he lasts till here.
    Pick 130-Curtis Marsh-CB-Utah State
    We have Finnigan,McCourty, Verner. This guy could be fourth in line. Bit of a project but has excellent athleticism, size and speed.
    5th round
    Pick 142-Greg Salas-WR-Hawaii
    Again,Hope he lasts this long, This guy does it all, breaks tackles, soft reliable hands and great at locating the ball midair. Reminds me of a taller Welker.
    6th round
    Pick 174-Alex Green-RB-Hawaii
    This guy is awesome. Can break big runs, physical, can take quick cuts. Excellent value and prospect.
    7th round
    Pick 212-Lee Smith-TE-Marshall
    Blocking potential behind Cook and Stevens. Has ST potential and good hands for his size. Big guy.
    Pick251-Ronnell Brown-DE-James Madison
    Total punt here. This kid has a great story and at 6’4 270lbs has decent size, worth a look.

What do you think?

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'd love it, I doubt it'll happen but it'd be nice.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think we're going after any interior linemen before the 6th round, which is sad. Bruce Matthews has said he'll give his son every opportunity to play. Right now we have three centers on the roster, and Harris who may come back.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Jake Locker wont get past the Redskins, they already said they like him for their system.

we should trade the #8 pick to the Skins for their pick + McNabb and Haynesworth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I would actually do that deal.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and tie up the cap for the next 5 years?

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

A 29 year old, fat, lazy, DT, and a 34 year old fat, lazy QB for our 8th overall pick....that's a recipe for success...

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Noooo way. McNabb and Haynesworth have HORRIBLE contracts. McNabb and Haynesworth are probably both going to getb released, if you want them just wait. I do not want them. Haynesworth is unmotivated, lazy, and has troub le written all over him. Id take Haynesworth for like a 2 year small $ deal, worth the risk. McNabb would be decent for maybe 2 years, however I don't think the Titans will get him. I see a team like the Vikings or Cardinals giving him way more cash money.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jake Locker at 8 is outrageous! Try our 2nd rd pick.

I wouldn't touch AH with a 110 foot pole and Mcnabb makes too much money for what he is worth. He could make $20M this year are you kidding?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we were to ever reacquire Haynesworth, we'd have to keep a carrot dangled in front of him at all times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar