Scott Wright's NFL Countdown Feb. 6th 1st Round Mock Update

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that would be ok, as long as we let drew drop the ball bennet go

2. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

With Givens injury concern I see this and I also see us keeping Drew. Brandon Jones has stepped up and possibly shown us a #2, tho I still place him at #3. With this much talent at WR it should possibly fill up our need at the position. I see us going defense first, with the lack of play in our secondary last season it in my eyes is our #1 concern. I am hoping that we'll get either Moss, Nelson, Landry or some other 1st rounder at CB.

3. i agree with those selections but not a cb, the cbs in this draft arent very good from what ive seen

4. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I have Jarrett lower rated than about 4 of the guys who go after us in that mock.

Guys like Jarrett make me nervous and frankly, it's hard to justify him over another big target WR in rnd 2 or 3 who don't have top end speed and can be nice possession WR's. But in rnd 1, you're giving up players at other positions who are clearly better than their 2nd and 3rd rnd counterparts.

In short, I think we can do better or if we like Jarret, could trade down a bit and still get him. Aside from whomever the best CB will be, I wouldn't be crying if we ended up with a trade down and still got a Patrick Willis, Dwayne Bowe, Tank Tyler, Sidney Rice or Jarrett.

Again, a lot has to do with what we're planning to do in free agency.

Gut

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

don't need no stinking WR, get some DE

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Sure, DE would be nice, but the value wont be there. Abiamiri and Carricker might be there at 19, but Carricker could go early hinging on his combine and Abiamiri is seen as a 2nd rounder at the moment. My pick would be Carricker, he could be either a DT or DE in our scheme and would be great to have. So, those two aside it's probably safe to say we're going to go BPA/whoever falls in our laps. However, since we don't know who or what positions we're going to address yet in FA, I'd say we'd take a CB or S.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think it would be a mistake for anyone to take a slow receiver in the first round. Besides that, NFL draft countdown is retarded. I want Patrick Willis, Reggie Nelson, or Laron Landry if they're there. Gaines Adams would be someone I would hope would drop to us but I think it's unlikely. Trading up for Sears at the top of the 2nd if he's still on the board would be a nice move as well.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If we go DE I would pick Charles Johnson he's a complete DE and came out of the shadow of Moses and outplayed him. But it also depends on who is there and what we do in FA. But I want Johnson or Bowe at our pick if none of the big S prospects are there.

Carriker doesn't fit our scheme and Abiamiri is a second rounder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar