Scott Wells signs with Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with 2 and 3 especially. Myers was never really in play but losing Wells was a huge loss. I can only imagine that the FO feels really good about Peyton and eased up on Wells knowing that Jeff Saturday will be available and familiar come Monday.

I am disappointed though, because we are going to have to seriously consider P Konz with our first pick and the Abraham re-signing keeps DE a high priority during the draft. I'm not sure how we successfully navigate DE at #20.

I imagine one train of thought with the FO is that even with an upgraded D-line, our secondary's youth will still give up points. I don't mind if we re-establish our run blocking to help us control the clock as long as we have Peyton's ability to put points on the board. That is a HUGE conditional and it borders on unreasonable to consider that a 36 year old QB with new skill players around him can be able to do it in year one.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'd admit I was one of the guys who wanted Myers/Wells but their is no need in getting upset over it, the draft is still ahead of us.

Chris Myers was drafted in the 6th round
    Scott Wells was drafted in the 7th round

I still have faith that Much and Matthews can get a gem or two late and turn them around, if they have potential unlike a few other guys on the line. We still have Valesco who look good in his limited action at guard.

Quentin Saulsberry is a guy we can consider in the 4th round and up this kid played Center, Right Guard, Left Guard, Right Tackle very versatile and hard worker.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Morgan, 1st rounder, and 2 cheap veterans from free agency.

I think we only have defensive end on our roster right now that will be here next year.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This hurts. Damn you Fisher.

There was 3 pro-bowl level Cs in FA: Hardwick, Meyers, and Wells... and we missed on all of them. Now were stuck with Amano who can't run block, and is average at pass blocking, but makes elite C money. Stupid. Stupid.

I'm hoping we can land a couple of depth DEs, and then take Peter Konz in the draft. Konz is a monster. Sign a couple players like Bunkley and Wimbley. Take Konz 1st, DE 2nd, DT 3rd. Bam!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar